Consensus on stance

I can't watch that BS!

I would shoot everyone of those retards, do the world a favor!

I always love it when these fucking rocket scientists do their shit and then video it for the whole world to see.

Idiots wearing his banny during the drive by and then doesn't have it own during the robbery. :uhh:

My guess is they've already been caught up-either by rival gang and retribution or by the gang units working that area. Elmo could have figured it out.

Check out Sharpening the Warriors Edge by Bruce Siddle. It has some good info on stress and shooting. The isoscelese stance seams to be the natural reaction in a startle response. However, it is my opinion that one should practice combat shooting in any position he can get his body into. Just my $.02.

Check out Sharpening the Warriors Edge by Bruce Siddle. It has some good info on stress and shooting. The isoscelese stance seams to be the natural reaction in a startle response. However, it is my opinion that one should practice combat shooting in any position he can get his body into. Just my $.02.

Concur. Especially inside.

Off hand reload drills, i.e., don't train you for an Iso shot; rooms don't always stay clear, either.:doh:

It's kinda like bowhunting for deer with me-I practice all kinds of contorted positions, because that motherfucker NEVER shows up when and where he's supposed to!:p

Concur. Especially inside.

Off hand reload drills, i.e., don't train you for an Iso shot; rooms don't always stay clear, either.:doh:

It's kinda like bowhunting for deer with me-I practice all kinds of contorted positions, because that motherfucker NEVER shows up when and where he's supposed to!:p

I take it's a given that your a master of the weak side shot from the squatting whilst laying a turd position then, that's when a deer always walks past me...

Fuckers...

My "natural stance" at this weekend's first tactical class seemed I wanted to go to a "modified weaver" for three reasons:

1. It felt more natural/stable based on previous martial arts training...ie: the icosiles "face forward" (feet even) just seemed too unstable in the event the adversary closed to contact distance, and/or there was another adversary. to easy to get knocked on my ass if contact likely.

2. Being right handed the right foot being slightly back allowed for a quicker drawstroke for me...my holster being slightly canted forward complimented this.

3. The right foot being slightly back allowed for a more rapid "turn and fire" during that exercise/scenario also.

My upper torso still faced (mostly) forward to the target, but my feet were not even, but more of a more stable left foot forward (same as unarmed combat) "boxing" type stance.

kinda explained here as the "modified weaver"
http://www.expertvillage.com/video/29864_guns-stance-modified-weaver.htm

That being said, I still have to agree with Dusty and look forward to much practice shooting on the move, as in real life THAT will probably be the situation. But, just like the golf stroke, you practice first on nice flat ground (best case scenario)...then after good technique/muscle memory is developed I can adapt that and go to different (imperfect/moving) scenarios. I know it's kinda persona-nongrata but Gabe Suarez uses Airsoft to train in the shooting on the move scenarios.

I think I'll get a couple for me and Momma to play around the house!;)

Great book here:
gabeforceonforce.jpg

I remember (if I remember 25 years ago correctly) when this happened.
This was at the library at the University in Anchorage.
Some kids had been throwing snowballs at the moose (with calf, dangerous already), then this poor sap just happens to walk into his death.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4s4wejeyS0&feature=related"]YouTube - animal bloopers... moose attacks a guy[/ame]

Back