DESERT BOOTS by LOWA

That is what I am looking for. Something that holds up under extreme conditions. I have several pair of Merrells myself, but my last pair I was disappointed in. The front of them came apart after only having them for a week and I was in the mountains of Oregon and my damn feet got wet. I still love their shoes, but I am always on the look out for a new and better product. Especially if I can get my company to buy them for the guys.

JJ, the minute you get them home from the store sit down in front of the TV and spend 2 hrs treating them. Every crack/stitch/piece of leather. Waterproof the shit out of them. I don't give a damn if they're going to be desert boots, STILL waterproof/treat every seam/stitch/leather. Use your choice of one of the "gels".

I STILL like mink oil, but whatever...just do it by hand, and push the gel into every crack/stitch. It will change the color, but they'll last. Then, when you think you're DONE...do it again. I also like the "athletic" (flat) laces, but they don't last as long.
But, they also don't come untied at the worst possible fucking moment.

In a small zip-lock sandwich bag, I always carry several spare laces in my pack, along with extra random velcro pieces (both male/female, adhesive backed), plastic tie wraps, small beeners, nylon scraps, etc...all in one ziplock "repair" bag (and a small tube of "shoe glue" which is also good for other repairs than just shoes), and several feet of 100mph (duct) tape.
:cool:

JJ, the minute you get them home from the store sit down in front of the TV and spend 2 hrs treating them. Every crack/stitch/piece of leather. Waterproof the shit out of them. I don't give a damn if they're going to be desert boots, STILL waterproof/treat every seam/stitch/leather. Use your choice of one of the "gels".

I STILL like mink oil, but whatever...just do it by hand, and push the gel into every crack/stitch. It will change the color, but they'll last. Then, when you think you're DONE...do it again. I also like the "athletic" (flat) laces, but they don't last as long.
But, they also don't come untied at the worst possible fucking moment.

In a small zip-lock sandwich bag, I always carry several spare laces in my pack, along with extra random velcro pieces (both male/female, adhesive backed), plastic tie wraps, small beeners, nylon scraps, etc...all in one ziplock "repair" bag (and a small tube of "shoe glue" which is also good for other repairs than just shoes), and several feet of 100mph (duct) tape.
:cool:

My Merrells came apart at the tip of the foot, that is how my feet got wet. Yeah I don't think I will get those Lowas until I am over in the box.

Ok guys, the Lowa Zephr Desert Boots are now on the market. I am buying a pair and I will keep you updated how they hold up in a combat zone. I have talked to some Irish guys and they love the name brand. The Zephr is a new boot to their line and if they are the cats meow, I will be sure to let you know.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ20n8uuAVU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFmAHhC9igk&feature=related[/ame]

That's an outstanding price. You should let everyone here know where to get them at that price.

Those Lowa boots are nice, but they're double the price they should be. Still, if you buy quality, you'll never be disappointed.

If it makes you guys feel any better we're running an initial sale for the non Gortex @ $150.

Yeah, we had a long debate about which version more guys would want. Guys that know some shit will end up buying the non gortex. ;)

I think the Gortex would be good for when I am out on target and step all in the shit water again. That has happened and ruined some boots. If you can sell them for 125 I will buy them through you and do you ship APO???

Back