Rocky vs Lowa Boots

Got my Lowa's yesterday...

They look super sharp... Feel good.. BUT

The friggin toe box. WTH. I ordered half a size up and I feel pressure on my toes and that is without my socks.

I am at size 12... They don't make half sizes or wide to my knowledge. Going to 13 seems like it would be a hell of a jump.

Does the toe box stop squeezing so much after a break in, or has anyone had this issue? Should I go ahead and order the next full size up (a whole size jump)?

Thanks!

First couple times I rucked in my Lowas I got blisters on the outside of both pinky toes. Once they got good and broken in the toe box loosened up a little and I don't have that issue anymore.

First couple times I rucked in my Lowas I got blisters on the outside of both pinky toes. Once they got good and broken in the toe box loosened up a little and I don't have that issue anymore.

Thanks man I am hoping the same goes for me. They are just right enough in the toes to make me worry that over a long ruck it will start to suck lol. But everything else fits like a damn glove about them... Hopefully I will have the same luck as you on this one

Thanks man I am hoping the same goes for me. They are just right enough in the toes to make me worry that over a long ruck it will start to suck lol. But everything else fits like a damn glove about them... Hopefully I will have the same luck as you on this one

Yeah, I thought they fit great when I first tried them on. Was walking around and didn't have any issues. But about the mile 4 mark on my first couple rucks I started getting hot spots at the places I mentioned. The blisters I got weren't terrible, but definitely noticeable. One thing I did that helped a little was to keep the laces towards the toe box a little looser than you normally would. It didn't eliminate the issue but it seemed to help.

Yeah, I thought they fit great when I first tried them on. Was walking around and didn't have any issues. But about the mile 4 mark on my first couple rucks I started getting hot spots at the places I mentioned. The blisters I got weren't terrible, but definitely noticeable. One thing I did that helped a little was to keep the laces towards the toe box a little looser than you normally would. It didn't eliminate the issue but it seemed to help.

Thanks man!!

I've been wearing Lowa's for the past few years as a LE work boot. I was using the Uplander for a while, I've since switched to the GSG Revo for the past year or so. Both have been extremely comfortable out of the box without any needed break in. I've only done a few ruck marches in them, which was usually only about 6 miles with 30 pounds, but I didn't have any major issues. They've been an awesome boot that doesn't get my foot too hot in the Texas summer, but still gives me the added GoreTex protection.

Back