Direct contact to a special operations recruiter or someone trustworthy?

Sunshine

Unverified
Hey all,

I'm prepping to go into Combat Control (yeah, I switched from pararescue, I'm a terrible person), and I've come to realize that my recruiter is a bit of a slime ball (encouraging me to omit information because "theyll probably never even check" which doesn't sit right with me at all. Disrespectful to both me and the service.)
I know I have seen it somewhere but I can't find the post, but does anyone have the contact info for a special operations recruiter I could chat with, or someone who knows recruiting info that's a bit more trustworthy? I just want to make sure I'm getting and giving all the proper information before I submit, I'm not going to chance my dream and career on listening to someone who reinforces the 'liars badge' stereotype.

Hey all,

I'm prepping to go into Combat Control (yeah, I switched from pararescue, I'm a terrible person), and I've come to realize that my recruiter is a bit of a slime ball (encouraging me to omit information because "theyll probably never even check" which doesn't sit right with me at all. Disrespectful to both me and the service.)
I know I have seen it somewhere but I can't find the post, but does anyone have the contact info for a special operations recruiter I could chat with, or someone who knows recruiting info that's a bit more trustworthy? I just want to make sure I'm getting and giving all the proper information before I submit, I'm not going to chance my dream and career on listening to someone who reinforces the 'liars badge' stereotype.
You should be trying to contact your Special Operations Recruiting Liaison for your region- google would probably work, or to ask your recruiter to get you in touch with them.

I've emailed the provided address and apparently the 'hurlburt.af.mil' is a bad domain, my emails have been bounced back to me. I've called AFSOC public affairs directly, they told me to call another number, left a message there and haven't heard back yet.
I know I've seen a post where someone said "call - - -, he's a special operations recruiter and a good guy... Etc.," but I can't find it anywhere haha.
I'm hesitant to ask my recruiter for more information, I think he realized how disgusted I was when he was telling me essentially to lie on my application, and I don't want him to take offense that I'm going around him and have him screw me over because he lost a SOF recruitment bonus.

Anyone you're trying to email in the AF will have a "@us.af.mil" suffix, for starters.

Why in the world would you call AFSOC public affairs? Why do you think they would have the answers to your questions?

I know a ton of SORL's. Some of them are good guys, but I am not going to throw them your name because you aren't able or willing to do some menial tasks on your own.

If you're so "disgusted" with your recruiter, go get a different one but stop with the bashing, because no one cares. If you're still worried about his/her feelings being hurt because you're asking them to simply do their job, I don't know what to tell you. You can either be disgusted by them and find someone else, or shut up and deal with them, but not both.

I used the exact email address provided by afsoc.af.mil (24SOW.RAS.org@hurlburt.af.mil).

I contacted public affairs because that was the phone number provided in the "contact us" section at afsoc.af.mil, and I wasn't using them to answer questions, I was using them to get the contact information of the right people.

I'm not trying to bash, I don't mean it to come across that way, I was just trying to provide a background as to why I'm asking the question on here. He is literally the only recruiter in my area, which is why I've continued working with him. I have also been told that I have to go through MEPS before my recruiter can set me up with the SORL, which is where I'm running into the issue. I have to provide my application and DD form 2807-2 before MEPS, which is what I want to confirm info on.

I don't know what rubbed you wrong in this conversation and I apologize if I was confusing or unclear in the wording of my question. I am just trying to use this forum as a resource to get information, as I have already gone through several other resources. I'm not asking for information to get out of doing 'menial tasks' or trying to take the easy way out, I'm trying to use people who have more knowledge about a subject than I am able to find through googling.

Anyone you're trying to email in the AF will have a "@us.af.mil" suffix, for starters.

Why in the world would you call AFSOC public affairs? Why do you think they would have the answers to your questions?

I know a ton of SORL's. Some of them are good guys, but I am not going to throw them your name because you aren't able or willing to do some menial tasks on your own.

If you're so "disgusted" with your recruiter, go get a different one but stop with the bashing, because no one cares. If you're still worried about his/her feelings being hurt because you're asking them to simply do their job, I don't know what to tell you. You can either be disgusted by them and find someone else, or shut up and deal with them, but not both.

He's not entirely off base here. The AFSOC (af.mil) website has emails listed that are not valid. The 24th SOW (af.mil) website has an email address that it doesn't appear to reply to (almost 3 months for me). The 24th also provides a phone number for the PA office which I am assuming is the one that he called. What some would consider top resources will tell you to contact your local recruiter. Can't really blame him for trying to reach out to a SORL when it would clearly be the proffered route in his case.

Thanks Lou, and that's exactly right, I tried the email that was provided on their website, and the phone number that I was able to find. I wasn't trying to do anything sneaky or lazy, I just used all the resources I could, found them to be ineffective, and came here to ask.
I have since found out that the email provided on the website (at least the one I used before the original post) was not a working email.
I eventually figured things out thanks to help elsewhere, and I'm glad I asked the questions, as what my recruiter told me to omit would have likely come up and caused issues down the road that would have jeopardized my career. But things are on the right track now!

Back