Does America Need To "Be Courteous With Fireworks" This July 4th?

Should America "be courteous with fireworks" because of veterans?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 46 92.0%
  • other (specify)

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
What is your opinion of the "be courteous with fireworks" signs? Are they good for the veteran community?

A combat veteran lives here, please be courteous with fireworks.”

When I saw my first “be courteous” sign a few years back, I hoped it was a fad that would pass quickly once people put some actual thought into it; you know, like “pet rocks,” or COIN. But apparently this has turned into big business, with thousands of the signs manufactured, sold, and distributed across the US.

considerate of fireworks sign.jpg

My initial thought is that the average civilian, and many Vets for that matter, will roll their eyes and say something along the lines of "oh please. Get over yourselves"

I say no Bueno.

He has meds if his PTSD is that bad, take them and sleep through the weekend.

To me a sign like that screams attention whore.

We start assembling our fireworks Saturday afternoon.

L to the O to the motherfucking L

Veterans SJW to the rescue!!!!! When people come to this country they need to be more like us, but if I go to war I can fundamentally alter that traditional slice?

Uh, no.

The courteous thing to do is to not shoot them at 2 AM you drunken fucks. Otherwise....meh.

No. If you know that's a trigger, don't shit on everyone else's parade with it. Go camping. Do a night sail. Smoke enough pot to where you're too high to even lift the pizza up to your mouth.

There are plenty of positive ways to avoid socially accepted pyrotechnic displays of patriotism. By putting this sign out, one is trying to force society to change to fit oneself, which isn't going to end well. Even if one gets a neighborhood bottle rocket moratorium, I'm willing to bet paychecks that hearing the distant *whump whump* of the town fireworks display will still trigger a flashback of IDF, minus the Giant Voice. So what will have been accomplished?

I'd pay good money to see someone with this sign try to protest a proper Chinese New Year celebration.

In addition to all the great arguments already made, this sign is just asking for retarded kids to shoot fireworks at your house.

And if you really do suffer from PTSD (i.e, this isn't just an attention whoring/poser thing), then fireworks hitting your windows and doors is going to fuck your day up a lot more than if they go bang in the sky.

No.

WTF does "courteous" with fireworks even mean?

Don't aim for the face!

The US has associated PTSD and combat vet with fucking whacko. No need to feed that stereotype. Hell, maybe, just maybe, if fireworks, lit on a day that is widely known, causes a flashback, you may actually need some serious help and your issues are far beyond being combat related because of the inability to separate reality from fiction.

Probably some support pussy who never left the fucking FOB who made that sign. Barbecue, cheap beer, fireworks, and probably a few firearms. You don't like it, go stay in a hotel, pussy!

When I was a kid we'd poke a hole through a cigarette just below the filter, light the cigarette, get it going good, and stick a cherry bomb fuse into the hole and then unass the AO. It was about a 4-5 minute time delay...then BOOM! :sneaky:*

*DISCLAIMER

DO NOT ATTEMPT. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. THIS WAS CARRIED OUT BY PROFESSIONAL TWELVE-YEAR-OLDS SKILLED IN MAYHEM.

Back