Does America Need To "Be Courteous With Fireworks" This July 4th?

Should America "be courteous with fireworks" because of veterans?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 46 92.0%
  • other (specify)

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
Of the many, many chinks in my personal armor, I have always reacted poorly to really loud and unexpected things. I've always woken up extremely violently (I nearly knocked out my then 5 months pregnant wife when she sweetly woke me up from too close on a couch one time), if a balloon pops in my immediate area, I flinch and react. It's never gotten better.

I've been deployed a time or two, been around pretty large explosions, some meant to happen and some surprises in my career. *Insert thousand yard stare* IVE SEEN A MODERATE AMOUNT OF THINGS, MAN.

I would never think to put that sign in my yard. As a matter of fact, if someone in my neighborhood did that, I would engage them directly and ask them what in their history would warrant such nonsense. That shit is just ridiculous.

Firework away, America. All day. I won't be going to any firework shows (mainly crowds keeping me away) but I won't be cowering in my house under the covers wishing people were more courteous.

Bristol resident and Navy vet Maegan Antunes told her local NBC affiliate that she has suffered from PTSD since her third deployment on an aircraft carrier and that unexpected fireworks can trigger her anxiety.

Is there any motherfucking non-hack whining piece of shit pogue-assed sonofabitch out there who is not working a PTSD claim? Christ almighty, there were times I would've given my left nut to be on an aircraft carrier.

Last edited:
So this stupid bullshit is back....

A Navy Vet’s Fireworks Courtesy Sign Keeps Getting Stolen From Her Yard

A U.S. military veteran in Rhode Island says efforts to make neighbors aware of her post-traumatic stress disorder ahead of the Fourth of July holiday have been foiled by someone who has stolen a fireworks courtesy sign from her yard, the Associated Press reports.

Bristol resident and Navy vet Maegan Antunes told her local NBC affiliate that she has suffered from PTSD since her third deployment on an aircraft carrier and that unexpected fireworks can trigger her anxiety.

Screen-Shot-2017-06-29-at-10.58.50-AM.png
Never been on a carrier.

What would cause a firecracker-like sound that could cause PTSD?

the end result of a massive payday for a condition no one can prove you don't have and that everyone is scared to question you about?
Agree, have friends and co-workers with serious/severe PTSD, not one of them would think to eliminate fireworks.
Hell, a good friend was present when we started a two-county brush fire with dragon's breath (we had it out before the Fire Companies arrived).

Back