"Don't call me Sir..."

I had a Senior Airman call me "buddy" and "dude" yesterday on the phone.

Would you prefer "Sunshine", dude?
biggrin.png

I was on radio watch in the TOC one night when one of the teams got into contact. The rule was that no one else was allowed to speak on the radio until the team was out of danger except for the team, the C&C ship and the pilots.

Major Lunday, SGM Hillman and a 2LT were standing behind me listening. The 2LT said that he “could sure go for a cup of coffee”. He then ordered the SGM to go and get the Major and he a cup of coffee. Frank Hillman, replied, “With all due respect, SIR, those bars cover a little bit of your collar, they don’t cover your ass! That’s your NCO’s job”.

The 2LT turned to Bob Lunday and asked him to back him up. The Major suggested that the 2LT get his own Damn coffee, turned and asked the SGM and I what we wanted in our coffee.

I was on radio watch in the TOC one night when one of the teams got into contact. The rule was that no one else was allowed to speak on the radio until the team was out of danger except for the team, the C&C ship and the pilots.

Major Lunday, SGM Hillman and a 2LT were standing behind me listening. The 2LT said that he “could sure go for a cup of coffee”. He then ordered the SGM to go and get the Major and he a cup of coffee. Frank Hillman, replied, “With all due respect, SIR, those bars cover a little bit of your collar, they don’t cover your ass! That’s your NCO’s job”.

The 2LT turned to Bob Lunday and asked him to back him up. The Major suggested that the 2LT get his own Damn coffee, turned and asked the SGM and I what we wanted in our coffee.

That's some big balls on the 2d LT...

I had a Senior Airman call me "buddy" and "dude" yesterday on the phone.

yeah...

SO...AETC has come up with this wonderful idea that we PJ instructors need to go mentor the future PJ students while they are in basic training once a week. Anyways, I was there the other night doing my thing. Well after I finished a few of the trainees approached me outside with a few more questions. I dont remember the question asked but after I answered one of them he replied nonchalantly "thanks brother" and then him and his battle buddy walked away. I got about 10 seconds into the next trainees question before I realized WTF had just happened. Honestly, it caught me so off guard that when I turned to tear him a new one he was gone LOL....little SOB. I do remember his face though...so in about 4 more weeks...well...lets just say it will be clear we arent brothers.

yeah...

SO...AETC has come up with this wonderful idea that we PJ instructors need to go mentor the future PJ students while they are in basic training once a week. Anyways, I was there the other night doing my thing. Well after I finished a few of the trainees approached me outside with a few more questions. I dont remember the question asked but after I answered one of them he replied nonchalantly "thanks brother" and then him and his battle buddy walked away. I got about 10 seconds into the next trainees question before I realized WTF had just happened. Honestly, it caught me so off guard that when I turned to tear him a new one he was gone LOL....little SOB. I do remember his face though...so in about 4 more weeks...well...lets just say it will be clear we arent brothers.

More like step-child? :D

Great stories. At OCS I was taught that all enlisted are addressed by their rank and last name, or if issuing the greeting of the day just rank. If an officer is higher than you, call them sir. If an officer is equal or lower than you, call them rank and last name. They definitely beat it into our heads that you respect enlisted under all circumstances and I don't plan on ever loosing that mentality. Of course, as a fresh 2nd LT I don't expect to get respect right off the bat from anyone, but I will be more than happy to earn it. Can't please everybody though.

Back