Eddie Ray Routh Case

CDG

Mittens
Verified Military
Eddie Ray Routh is the Marine who is alleged to have murdered Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield on February 2, 2013. Warfighter News recently published an in-depth article on Routh's background, including interviews with Marines who had served with him. It definitely is eye-opening and leaves you shaking your head at how he was allowed into the USMC in the first place and why he was still walking the streets by the day of the murders. The guy had serious issues, which I think most of us knew. What I did not know, was just how in depth and how far back they went.

http://warfighternews.com/2015/02/10/eddie-ray-routh-the-untold-story/

He never should have darkened the doors of MCRD.

A case of quantity over quality...I hate quotas......

"Allegedly" to be used loosely. It's blatently obvious he did, and he admitted it.

Routh should have never been within reach of firearms. In an ideal world, he would never have been considered for duty in the military. His mental illness is the overriding issue. It was poorly recognized, to be sure, and simply said, there are way too many holes in the system for the Rouths all around us, to tumble straight through. The bigger picture, is the lack of facility to care for people with mental illness. Lacking the resources for intake and treatment for mental illness, it becomes a criminal event that becomes the intake arm of mental health care. In short, we have "criminalized" mental illness, and populate prisions, instead of hospitals, with our mentally ill.

Had this been a case of PTSD only, Chris would still be alive, and Routh would not be charged with murder. This event will be another case for talking heads, political speaches, and endless committee meetings. A few people will write books to capitalize on the event, more studys, and even more fedral grant dollars, for yet more studys to take place. Most likely, in ten years time, it will look pretty much the same. All I can say is that I grieve for the famlies touched by this tragic event. I also find myself wishing it was Jessie ventura who had taken Mr. Routh, and not Chris Kyle; how just would that have been.

Rant over, my $.02, and back into my wee snowy cave here in The Valley.

Last edited:
I hate how the press is associating this psycho's actions with PTSD and how that's affecting civilian employers of veterans. Some may have issues but we're not going into the office with guns a blazin'.

Combat does not equal psychosis; only an experience.

Another "former/ex Marine" who killed people. FFS. :mad::wall:

He should get the death penalty.

I hope he gets the harshest penalty they're seeking.

That was a well written article, which enlightened me to things I did not know.

I still regret not being able to make his ceremony at the Cowboys Stadium.

@Red Flag 1 I completely agree with you. Up here we have lax containment laws for the mentally ill and a reliance on halfway houses and reintroduction into society once "stable" on meds, etc.. We should have never stopped the institutional model, just increased quality of care; some should just be locked up or buried in a hole.

Fuck...I guess I'm glad they convicted him of murder and didn't get into the insanity bullshit, but what a shitty situation all around.

Back