Elon Musk Bought 9.2% of Twiter

Bobs Burgers GIF by Challenger

Called it.

You know I used to talk about how Twitter, Facebook, et al. should be handing over information about ISIS. It seems like the FBI cared more about shunting conservative voices than you know actually going after extremists. Instead of telling the FBI to "get a warrant", the laid off libtards, yes I'm breaking the rule we had in place when we had mods, just went happily go lucky to subvert elections. Blue anons I tell ya. Never mind that our country is being led into oblivion by a dude that couldn't tell you what he ate for breakfast and his second in command speaks like a four year old.

You know I used to talk about how Twitter, Facebook, et al. should be handing over information about ISIS. It seems like the FBI cared more about shunting conservative voices than you know actually going after extremists. Instead of telling the FBI to "get a warrant", the laid off libtards, yes I'm breaking the rule we had in place when we had mods, just went happily go lucky to subvert elections. Blue anons I tell ya. Never mind that our country is being led into oblivion by a dude that couldn't tell you what he ate for breakfast and his second in command speaks like a four year old.

This one is obvious, we aren't the clients, nor customers; we are the product. That goes for all social media.

I don't have an Economist account and can't access the article. Anyone got a summary?
I didn't even notice there was an article in the tweet and it's worthless because the data twitter probably fed to them a year ago was fake. My point was more that the shithead representative is yelling at a cloud when the evidence being presented is irrefutable. But my other point is that he shouldn't even be attempting to refute it because CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WAPO; won't be covering it. So liberal and moderate voters who just like reading and hearing those publications dunk on Trump will have no idea that this information is out there, and remember that information should scare them too.

I didn't even notice there was an article in the tweet and it's worthless because the data twitter probably fed to them a year ago was fake. My point was more that the shithead representative is yelling at a cloud when the evidence being presented is irrefutable. But my other point is that he shouldn't even be attempting to refute it because CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WAPO; won't be covering it. So liberal and moderate voters who just like reading and hearing those publications dunk on Trump will have no idea that this information is out there, and remember that information should scare them too.
No doubt. I just like to look at the source material.

I was personally censored, and my business was damaged, by social media platforms over political content. I'm not even talking rabid, far-right stuff. Simply memes. My page's Twitter account got tagged with a warning message, so anyone connecting with it thought it was a scam site. My Facebook account got suspended once because I changed my profile pic to that of a wooden state of Texas that was painted with "thin blue line" colors after those cops got gunned down in Dallas a few years back. As previously mentioned, our satire site got taken down permanently and our serious news site is about to befall the same fate because of political speech the Left doesn't like.

But yeah, the political right are the ones doing the gaslighting...

I don't have an Economist account and can't access the article. Anyone got a summary?

I'm assuming it's referring to This article.

The authors analysed the “algorithmic amplification” effect on tweets from 3,634 elected politicians from major political parties in seven countries with a large user base on Twitter: the US, Japan, the UK, France, Spain, Canada and Germany.

Algorithmic amplification refers to the extent to which a tweet is more likely to be seen on a regular Twitter feed (where the algorithm is operating) compared to a feed without automated recommendations.

So for example, if the algorithmic amplification of a particular political group’s tweets was 100%, this means that in feeds using the algorithm, that party’s tweets were seen by twice as many users than among users scrolling without the automated recommendations (the control group).

And here's The Study.

The TL;DR is that in every country but Germany there was more amplification of "right wing" media sources (the highest being Canada). The right wing media wins in the U.S., but by a marginal amount.

They acknowledge that the third party systems the use for media slant analysis agreed on what was right wing, but not always more neutral sources, so the scores could be closer together for amplification.

They didn't find noticeable amplification of far left/right parties.

To add on to the comment you just posted, I wonder if the reason they see this amplification is because they are focusing on major news and not a wider group of small news organizations like the one you have.

Might be a case of survivorship where somebody like me gets my amplification from left leaning small political commentators, but a right wing person only winds up with the major sources because the smaller ones get banned.

I bet a study like that would be much closer/tilt liberal.

How do I say this, Elon is a public figure. His infant children by sheer fact of being his will eventually become public figures. But as infants they are not public figures and shoving cameras in their face and following them for purposes of entertainment is not cool. But he should probably pay some very experienced dudes to take care of his children, and if need be take care of threats in a sustainable and legal fashion...oh you got locked in that dumpster in the middle of Nevada, I'm sorry.

I'm suprised her account lasted this long compared to some other "writers" in her circle.

Sounds like she got caught under the New rules.

December 2022

Twitter is where the public conversation is happening, and where people from all over the globe come to promote their businesses, art, ideas, and more. We know that many of our users may be active on other social media platforms; however, going forward, Twitter will no longer allow free promotion of specific social media platforms on Twitter.
What is a violation of this policy?
At both the Tweet level and the account level, we will remove any free promotion of prohibited 3rd-party social media platforms, such as linking out (i.e. using URLs) to any of the below platforms on Twitter, or providing your handle without a URL:

• Prohibited platforms:
    • Facebook, Instagram, Mastodon, Truth Social, Tribel, Post and Nostr
    • 3rd-party social media link aggregators such as linktr.ee, lnk.bio
  • Examples:
    • “follow me @username on Instagram”
    • username@mastodon.social
    • “check out my profile on Facebook - facebook.com/username”
Accounts that are used for the main purpose of promoting content on another social platform may be suspended. Additionally, any attempts to bypass restrictions on external links to the above prohibited social media platforms through technical or non-technical means (e.g. URL cloaking, plaintext obfuscation) is in violation of this policy. This includes, but is not limited to, spelling out “dot” for social media platforms that use “.” in the names to avoid URL creation, or sharing screenshots of your handle on a prohibited social media platform.
  • Example: “instagram dot com/username”

Back