Elon Musk Bought 9.2% of Twiter

I'm case it wasn't officially done, this acquisition should put the final nail in the poorly executed TRUTH app.

It might be kind of a huge baller move, as a final FU to the Twitter employees that despise him, if Musk announced he was moving Twitter's HQ to Texas as he did with Tesla.

I'm gonna give it a minute for Elon to clean house before I create an account and say what I really think. Good on Elon and I hope Trump comes back. I have been eyeing Donalds social media platform truth social and considering giving it a shot as well but I'm not much into posting from a phone.

I'm gonna give it a minute for Elon to clean house before I create an account and say what I really think. Good on Elon and I hope Trump comes back. I have been eyeing Donalds social media platform truth social and considering giving it a shot as well but I'm not much into posting from a phone.
I hope Trump stays off twatter until after the mid-term election.

I hope Trump stays off twatter until after the mid-term election.
Nah, I personally love the guy and miss his mean tweets. He actually gave a shit about America and Americans. I use to call twitter twatter as well but now that Elon owns it I might change my mind.

/Cheers. Here's to more hurt feelings.

1651148589960.png
In all seriousness, what does Elon Musk now do with Twitter's current employees? Clearly there is some disgruntlement among the rank and file, to the point where they had to lock people out of certain parts of the system to keep them from sabotaging it. And the top management is clearly in opposition. Do you come in and can everyone? If so, who keeps the lights on and the algorithms running? And if you don't, how do you create a functional work environment when so many of the employees oppose you politically and philosophically, to where they would rather see the company crippled, or fail, rather than have you in charge?

In all seriousness, what does Elon Musk now do with Twitter's current employees? Clearly there is some disgruntlement among the rank and file, to the point where they had to lock people out of certain parts of the system to keep them from sabotaging it. And the top management is clearly in opposition. Do you come in and can everyone? If so, who keeps the lights on and the algorithms running? And if you don't, how do you create a functional work environment when so many of the employees oppose you politically and philosophically, to where they would rather see the company crippled, or fail, rather than have you in charge?

Looks like it might be time for:

...de-Baathification and disbanding the Army.

:-)

View attachment 39390
Having gone through a few M&As, although none quite as contentious or as public as this one, here's my $.02:

1. Most of what we're hearing publicly is pretty typical for an acquisition; change is hard for a lot of people. Twitter's "all hands" meeting was actually posted publicly:

2. If proper separation of duties and other processes are being followed, no one person should be able to deploy code to production anyway. That said, a freeze is also pretty typical.

3. I would fully expect some people to walk. I'm sure everyone involved expects it. As mentioned, change is hard for a lot of people. The topic is somewhat addressed in their all hands but the bottom line is employees will have a choice to make. If they can't reconcile their personal views with the new direction, it's time to find a new job. There will be departures and some of those will mistakenly believe they're irreplaceable.

4. Without question, there will be an entirely new leadership team installed by Musk. Probably not on day 1 or even day 2 but new leadership, even when they come in on good terms, always brings in their own people. The board of directors will be gone immediately. I'd expect a completely new c-suite in under a year.

Having gone through a few M&As, although none quite as contentious or as public as this one, here's my $.02:

1. Most of what we're hearing publicly is pretty typical for an acquisition; change is hard for a lot of people. Twitter's "all hands" meeting was actually posted publicly:

2. If proper separation of duties and other processes are being followed, no one person should be able to deploy code to production anyway. That said, a freeze is also pretty typical.

3. I would fully expect some people to walk. I'm sure everyone involved expects it. As mentioned, change is hard for a lot of people. The topic is somewhat addressed in their all hands but the bottom line is employees will have a choice to make. If they can't reconcile their personal views with the new direction, it's time to find a new job. There will be departures and some of those will mistakenly believe they're irreplaceable.

4. Without question, there will be an entirely new leadership team installed by Musk. Probably not on day 1 or even day 2 but new leadership, even when they come in on good terms, always brings in their own people. The board of directors will be gone immediately. I'd expect a completely new c-suite in under a year.
Conveniently, I need a post-retirement job. Coincidence? I don't think so. ;)

I always thought of Twitter as a high end (pay wise) IT job. Some will walk, but who is going to hire them? The high end has a limited number of openings, and the compensation packages are designed to KEEP talent.
I also see him moving to Texas, that will eliminate many hard-core liberals, which opens up jobs for others (Good luck finding a job in CA).
Twitter employees going on Twitter to bitch are replaceable. The board is replaceable.
Interesting that Dorsey endorsed the current CEO, while praising Musk? Was this an engineered coup?

Back