Elon Musk Bought 9.2% of Twiter

I don’t think you answered what I asked.

Did any of those people get reinstated?

Are they for sure going to be?

Counting on Musk to be some messiah for the things you believe in is a cognitive dissonance in its own right.

Trump posts demonstrably false information regularly. I’m not sure they are going to start letting absolute bullshit get posted from people who are verified users, free speech or not.

I don’t have a side. I don’t like Trump, but that isn’t exactly a side. It isn’t good vs evil or L vsR. You need to grow up and realize this isn’t about sides. Things today are about what is good for America .I believe Trump and his ilk were/are bad for America. I considered myself moderate pre-Trump, and I defy you to show otherwise. Trump in a way pushed me farther left. A lack of Trump has brought me much closer to the center, and some of the identity politics have brought me further to the right. Like that infographic showed I haven’t moved, while progressive politics have moved further from what I identify with.

I don’t post much political stuff now. Because other than a few random outliers here, I mostly agree with what has been posted since I returned. I was never very progressive by current cultural norms. I am severely anti Trump. I will remain so. I feel like anyone who values their integrity, conservative or liberal, should feel the same way.
You changed your question, but let's go barney style.

Musk doesn't own twitter yet, so asking if it happened is a nonsensical question.

I never said Musk is a conservative icon, re-read my post. I agreed with you on that point. I added that I think he is more Libertarian in his views.

Disagree, at this point in time it is a Left vs Right, Maxine Watters and other leftists have told their followers to go after us.

I believe Trump was good for America, unemployment for Blacks, Asians, Hispanics at record lows. Inflation under2%, "full-employment", energy independence. Which one of those is bad for America.

You defy me, maybe you should get off your high horse.

You changed your question, but let's go barney style.

Musk doesn't own twitter yet, so asking if it happened is a nonsensical question.

I never said Musk is a conservative icon, re-read my post. I agreed with you on that point. I added that I think he is more Libertarian in his views.

Disagree, at this point in time it is a Left vs Right, Maxine Watters and other leftists have told their followers to go after us.

I believe Trump was good for America, unemployment for Blacks, Asians, Hispanics at record lows. Inflation under2%, "full-employment", energy independence. Which one of those is bad for America.

You defy me, maybe you should get off your high horse.

I have a reply but it does not fit with the title or topic of this thread. When we want to talk about a post Trump thread I will respond.

I knew that bum was full of shit. What's the bet he'll short it for when he sells up?
Let's look a little deeper, my hobbit-cohabitating-compatriot.

Elon has pushed Twitter to an interesting set of choices.

1- Twitter admits (in discovery after Elon sues the shit out of them to get out of the $1B walk away clause) that the bots and spam accounts are much higher than "<5%". This puts Twitter in the basement and allows Elon to make a new bid (for much lower) or it could conceivably straight-up end Twitter. Advertisers are paying for actual human users; when the Bot count gets around 20%, there is going to be a litany of people that are rightfully pissed and won't pay for those fake eyeballs anymore.

- or -

2- Provide an accurate accounting of their total bot/spam accounts and violate their SEC disclosure; Elon withdraws his bid (or drops the $1B) and the investors sue the shit out of Twitter for their utter malfeasance with the investor's money.

- or -

3- I don't care. Twitter is garbage, I hope only the worst for everyone involved.

1652835522762.png

1- Twitter admits (in discovery after Elon sues the shit out of them to get out of the $1B walk away clause) that the bots and spam accounts are much higher than "<5%". This puts Twitter in the basement and allows Elon to make a new bid (for much lower) or it could conceivably straight-up end Twitter. Advertisers are paying for actual human users; when the Bot count gets around 20%, there is going to be a litany of people that are rightfully pissed and won't pay for those fake eyeballs anymore.

- or -

2- Provide an accurate accounting of their total bot/spam accounts and violate their SEC disclosure; Elon withdraws his bid (or drops the $1B) and the investors sue the shit out of Twitter for their utter malfeasance with the investor's money.

- or -

3- I don't care. Twitter is garbage, I hope only the worst for everyone involved.

View attachment 39503

This is a great post. Much more than I would have thought of. Guess that's why I'm not a billionaire, eh.

Well that and I wasn't born into a gem and precious metals mine owning family :ROFLMAO:

- or -

- or -

Every deal has breakaway clauses where even escrow money is returned during the due diligence phase. This is more likely an opportunity to curb price should the market rally increasing the perceived value of the company and offer price should things drag out which they might past the initial phase. It would allow for a hold on price post DD timeline even if the MV of the company increased w/ the market in general.

Half of President Biden's Twitter followers are fake, audit tool shows

Half of the President's Twitter followers are fake.

22 million followers...11 million fake accounts/bots... Twitter has 262 million users... the President's account *alone* gets the "how many total accounts are fake on Twitter?" number to 4.2%, roughly.

Sprinkle in a lil James O'Keefe and his latest expose of yet another Twitter dork and voila! A recipe for delicious comeuppance.

Half of President Biden's Twitter followers are fake, audit tool shows

Half of the President's Twitter followers are fake.

22 million followers...11 million fake accounts/bots... Twitter has 262 million users... the President's account *alone* gets the "how many total accounts are fake on Twitter?" number to 4.2%, roughly.

Sprinkle in a lil James O'Keefe and his latest expose of yet another Twitter dork and voila! A recipe for delicious comeuppance.
That's extremely interesting. These latest developments make me wonder if maybe Musk's goal isn't so much to own Twitter as it is to expose/destroy it.

Not arguing that twitter has less than 5% fake accounts, because I doubt any social media does, but this feels like a thing where two different metrics are being looked at.
Musk keeps talking about total accounts, and Twitter keeps saying their number is based off of "monetizable users", per that article:
The Twitter CEO said that the company estimates each quarter that less than 5% of monetizable daily active users are spam accounts.

So the thing is, what counts as monetizable? My account that I haven't logged into in 5+ years probably isn't. 100 fake accounts created to boost up a politician probably aren't if all the are doing is serving as a "follower".

Not arguing that twitter has less than 5% fake accounts, because I doubt any social media does, but this feels like a thing where two different metrics are being looked at.
Musk keeps talking about total accounts, and Twitter keeps saying their number is based off of "monetizable users", per that article:

So the thing is, what counts as monetizable? My account that I haven't logged into in 5+ years probably isn't. 100 fake accounts created to boost up a politician probably aren't if all the are doing is serving as a "follower".
Monetizable users = real people. The article I pulled this from is here.

"...On the other hand, Twitter defines monetizable daily active users as "people, organizations, or other accounts who logged in or were otherwise authenticated and accessed Twitter on any given day" through its paid products or platforms that show ads, according to the company's SEC filing for Q1 2022.

The company hasn't publicly revealed its full method for classifying fake or spam accounts."

BL- nope, it's not different metrics; yep, your account is monetizable (just inactive) as you are a person that can log in on any given day. I assume Elon and Twitter are talking about the exact same thing; one entity just wants to define it differently or be disingenuous IOT protect a claim they've made and are not able to back up.

Back