Elon Musk Bought 9.2% of Twiter

But Helen Mirren. She’s six years older than me. That Shepard’s Pie is way past the expiration date. Her Judi Dench needs to be fumigated. Even Boris wouldn’t put his Johnson in that. Simon wouldn’t peg it. She’s what made the Peakys blinders. Even the boys at Eton wouldn’t be eatin that. The Royal Marines hit that beach when I was still in middle school.

Last edited:
Twitter, Elon Musk, cancel culture, culture war politics…. Just add failed 18Xrays, SEALS, VMI/Citadel grads, people who say “YASSS,” and explosive diarrhea, you have a list of all my least favorite things.

I made Das's list. This seems to elevate me in so many ways. :ROFLMAO::ninja: But seriously who hurt you?

Damn, I guess Elon isn’t the savior of free speech after all! Who could’ve known??

All I know is twitter allows shit like this to exist:

ShutDownDC group offers bounties on Twitter for public sightings of conservative Supreme Court justices

Bounties for public sightings of conservative SCOTUS justices offered

Liberal protest group offers 'bounties' for info on where conservative justices are located

Multiple sources provided for reasons I guess.

Also, link to actual tweet:
Also, Elon hasn't sold his 9.2% stake yet either, so will be interesante to see where this goes.

It should be noted that they unbanned Alex Berenson who they had banned for "Covid Misinformation" when if anything Fauci and Co were the ones spewing misinformation.

Last edited:
I made Das's list. This seems to elevate me in so many ways. :ROFLMAO::ninja: But seriously who hurt you?

All I know is twitter allows shit like this to exist:

ShutDownDC group offers bounties on Twitter for public sightings of conservative Supreme Court justices

Bounties for public sightings of conservative SCOTUS justices offered

Liberal protest group offers 'bounties' for info on where conservative justices are located

Multiple sources provided for reasons I guess.

Also, link to actual tweet:
Also, Elon hasn't sold his 9.2% stake yet either, so will be interesante to see where this goes.

It should be noted that they unbanned Alex Berenson who they had banned for "Covid Misinformation" when if anything Fauci and Co were the ones spewing misinformation.
I’m a big fan of free speech. But doesn’t this count as shouting fire in a crowded theater?

I’m a big fan of free speech. But doesn’t this count as shouting fire in a crowded theater?
Which part, VMI grads living rent free in your head or assholes offering up a bounty for photos of conservative Supreme Court justices?

Honestly, I generally think conservatives are very bad at using Twitter's policies to enforce the standard, but liberals are great at over reporting and twitter reacts. I reported that post because of what it is. Targeted harassment and incitement. Twitter deplatformed Trump for incitement, they didn't go after any of the squad or Pelosi or Biden for their trash. The selective enforcement bias by these companies is a bit ridiculous which is why the regulations should change, or they are the town square and we don't deplatform conservatives for having alternative views. Legitimately, we saw during the entirety of the Syrian war ISIS being allowed to utilize youtube, twitter, facebook, to conduct their atrocities and spread propaganda but we'd get conservative politicians or commentators throttled. Now, I'm good with keeping ISIS trash up so long as the upload coordinates were sent to DOD for some old fashioned bombing, but that never happened either. (against the privacy policy)

Which part, VMI grads living rent free in your head or assholes offering up a bounty for photos of conservative Supreme Court justices?

Honestly, I generally think conservatives are very bad at using Twitter's policies to enforce the standard, but liberals are great at over reporting and twitter reacts. I reported that post because of what it is. Targeted harassment and incitement. Twitter deplatformed Trump for incitement, they didn't go after any of the squad or Pelosi or Biden for their trash. The selective enforcement bias by these companies is a bit ridiculous which is why the regulations should change, or they are the town square and we don't deplatform conservatives for having alternative views. Legitimately, we saw during the entirety of the Syrian war ISIS being allowed to utilize youtube, twitter, facebook, to conduct their atrocities and spread propaganda but we'd get conservative politicians or commentators throttled. Now, I'm good with keeping ISIS trash up so long as the upload coordinates were sent to DOD for some old fashioned bombing, but that never happened either. (against the privacy policy)
Only time VMI grads cross my mind is when they sneak their way into regiment and make my life more complicated than needed… full disclosure some of the best dudes I’ve met are enlisted VMI and Citadel grads.

I think we are on the same page regarding social media enforcement. Either everything goes, or just admit your platform is focused on one specific viewpoint.

Musk keeps saying/posting stuff like this, but anyone who's been following this story knows by now that he's full of shit.

Twitter gave him all the data he asked for last month.

He has the ability to cipher through all of that and come to his own determination about bots, but that isn't what he's doing. He wants access to Twitter's proprietary methods for counting, which he won't be able to force even in a court case.

It's also worth noting that Twitter discloses bot info in their SEC filing reports, which even acknowledge that the number may be higher than 5%, because it's extremely difficult to accurately determine bots.

Musk waived his diligence; he doesn't have a "get out of contract because of bots" clause to use.

Dude signed a contract to buy a car sight unseen, bitched he was never given the publicly available carfax, and is now trying to get out of the deal after asking for the dealer's maintenance records but not reading them.

I doubt he's forced to buy, but this is going to be costly for him. Dude tried to play his cute games and it's finally about to bite him in the ass.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/07/elon-musk-and-the-worlds-biggest-case-of-buyers-remorse.html

Edit to add:

I hate Twitter with an ever-burning passion. It's literally a cow-pie in social media form, but Musk offered to buy it way about price knowing full well he couldn't fix it. It's about time he gets stuck eating crow.

We actually don't know what the purchase agreement looks like. Saying he waived his right to due diligence based on what? Hearsay? I deal with contracts daily, for something simple our contracts are 20 pages. For something like this? The contract is probably at least 100 and then about 50 different technical documents as appendixes.

We actually don't know what the purchase agreement looks like. Saying he waived his right to due diligence based on what? Hearsay? I deal with contracts daily, for something simple our contracts are 20 pages. For something like this? The contract is probably at least 100 and then about 50 different technical documents as appendixes.
The purchase/merger agreement has been publicly available since April.
I'm not a contract expert, but numerous articles/legal experts have been talking about him waving due diligence since late May/June.

DEFA14A

The purchase/merger agreement has been publicly available since April.
I'm not a contract expert, but numerous articles/legal experts have been talking about him waving due diligence since late May/June.

DEFA14A

Due Diligence is mentioned once and section 4.25 is not a waiving of due diligence.

Due Diligence is mentioned once and section 4.25 is not a waiving of due diligence.

I found where it seems this idea that he waived diligence is coming from. Twitter put out a proxy statement claiming Musk waived it in his acquisition proposal.

Later on April 21, 2022, Mr. Musk publicly disclosed that he and Parent had obtained commitment letters for approximately $46.5 billion in financing to fund the proposed acquisition, including (1) a debt commitment letter providing for an aggregate of $13 billion in various secured and unsecured debt financing commitments; (2) a debt commitment letter providing for an aggregate of $12.5 billion in margin loan commitments (which commitments were subsequently reduced to $6.25 billion, as described below); and (3) an equity commitment letter providing for a $21 billion equity financing by Mr. Musk to Parent (which commitment was subsequently increased to $27.25 billion, as described below). The equity financing commitment did not include third party beneficiary rights permitting Twitter to enforce Mr. Musk’s equity financing commitment in connection with a potential transaction. Mr. Musk also disclosed that his acquisition proposal was no longer subject to the completion of financing and business due diligence. The debt commitment letters referenced drafts of agreements and documents providing for a tender offer for our common stock that had been shared with the lenders party to the debt commitment letters, but that had not been shared with Twitter

I imagine there's a whole rabbit hole of documentation to chase down, but I don't have the time/expertise to really do much more than what's been done already.

I found where it seems this idea that he waived diligence is coming from. Twitter put out a proxy statement claiming Musk waived it in his acquisition proposal.

I imagine there's a whole rabbit hole of documentation to chase down, but I don't have the time/expertise to really do much more than what's been done already.

I may be projecting here, but how I read that is that he/his offer is no longer subject to due diligence. Public companies also have rights to due diligence as they're required to return the best offer to shareholders etc.

This is super-high stakes, and not just for the money involved. I suspect there are multiple behind-the-scenes plans and plots on both sides that we don't know about yet.
I dunno. Musk seems to like two things in this world: silly money-making schemes, and having a laugh. This latest enterprise seems to be combining those two things.

He’s done similar things before. A few years back he publicly said that he would be taking Tesla private at $420 a share (lol) and got a little dick smack from the SEC for it. A similar thing happened with that Dogecoin pump & dump he did last year, although I don’t think he suffered any repercussions for that. With that in mind, it really seems like he just wanted to buy Twitter for a laugh, then got spooked when the price started to tank. And now he’s actually on the hook for the sale and, well, it’s been a while since he’s suffered any consequences for his schemes.

Making a big assumption; As a rich white boy in South Africa growing up and then a very very rich man in America later I would doubt he's had a lot of consequences in his life that actually have had an impact on him.

I dunno. Musk seems to like two things in this world: silly money-making schemes, and having a laugh. This latest enterprise seems to be combining those two things.

He’s done similar things before. A few years back he publicly said that he would be taking Tesla private at $420 a share (lol) and got a little dick smack from the SEC for it. A similar thing happened with that Dogecoin pump & dump he did last year, although I don’t think he suffered any repercussions for that. With that in mind, it really seems like he just wanted to buy Twitter for a laugh, then got spooked when the price started to tank. And now he’s actually on the hook for the sale and, well, it’s been a while since he’s suffered any consequences for his schemes.
That's entirely possible. But at that level, I think there's more to it.

The best possible realization of this stupid ass timeline would be Twitter's stock absolutely tanking, Elon paying the $1B buyout after forcing Twitter into discovery, only to defect to Truth Social for the final dagger in Twitter's heart, after shorting Twitter and putting a long call for the billion he just spent on Truth.

Elon's actions forced a light to be shone in the darkest of places, he wrecks the price for funsies and then takes tens of millions of real people with him to Truth? Hilarious. How could one not find that hilarious. Fuck all y'alls feelings, respectfully. And that's a royal y'all, not a specific y'all.

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

Back