FOOD THREAD 1

Just to add...

When this about 20 pages or so, some type of natural stopping point, we'll close it and start another. In a few days I'll take all of the old food threads and merge them into some form of archive. The intent is to keep them around in some semi-managable form. As it stands, they are all over the place and we're looking to order them for the purposes of housekeeping and future use (so we don't delete them)

Cheers!

RackMaster said:
I'll finally be "fighting" at the same level as @parallel, the wife got me a BGE for my birthday; it's on order, so I'll have it mid week. Now I have to work out the final details for my next assault. ;)
parallel said:
Nice! You're going to LOVE it. A word of advise, if you haven't cooked on one before ensure that you check out the getting started section of the Big Green Egg site. Also, I highly recommend joining the egg head forum, there's a LOT of really good information and advise there. I credit those folks for getting me on the right track quickly. Enjoy.

This lady looks like a life changer...I saw on their website the bigger one cooks 2 buffalos at one time.....O_o

What size do you recommend......?!!?!:sneaky::D

The wife got me a medium, the lady said it was good for 2-3 people with consistent use and I have a gas grill big enough to spit roast a whole hog. ;-)

Been researching the Egg and found this:

Apricot-Glazed-Pork-Tenderloin.jpg

Thinking that is a good break in dish for yer BGE Rack.....:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Been researching the Egg and found this:

***snip***

Thinking that is a good break in dish for yer BGE Rack.....:thumbsup:
Nope... a couple of good long low and slow cooks (like Boston Butts or ribs). This does a couple of things for you. First, it is a forgiving way to learn the intricacies of temperature control on the BGE. Second, it helps to cure the adhesive used on the seals. Certainly DO NOT do a hot cook such as steak or pizza until you've cured the adhesive.

Nope... a couple of good long low and slow cooks (like Boston Butts or ribs). This does a couple of things for you. First, it is a forgiving way to learn the intricacies of temperature control on the BGE. Second, it helps to cure the adhesive used on the seals. Certainly DO NOT do a hot cook such as steak or pizza until you've cured the adhesive.

I think I could modify the recipe SpongeBob*24 gave and do a long slow smoke.

Back