Fuerzas Comando

Soldado

Verified Military
252991785_640.jpg

Haven't heard about that? I bet you haven't. But, Don't worry let me explain to you.

'Fuerzas Comando' is an American multinational competition and when I say American it means America as continent. 'Fuerzas Comando' was born as an idea of USSC(United States Southern Command), the exercise is meant to build camaraderie and strengthen bonds between the countries involved to increase cooperation on common issues that affect the region. By training together, the participants gain a better understanding of each others’ tactics and capabilities, ensuring a more successful response to any situation.

7366873222_f847b5f328.jpg
Joint Task Force 2 firing his weapons.

The exercise is for Special Operations in the Military, skilled soldiers and police forces of each country like Peruvian Commandos, Kaibiles, Green Berets, Joint Task Force 2, GOPE's, Snipers, etc. In addition, Colombia has won the competition five times in the past nine years. Last year, two countries were competing for the first time – Canada and Guyana. Last year was also significant because it was the first time a female(From Mexico) competitor has participated in the competition. As there're many countries in the exercise(21 countries) the exercise is held in differents, the last one was in Colombia.

spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
Grkdi.jpg

Colombian Special Forces performs a forced entry.

And the countries are from Bahamas, Belize, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, the United States, and Uruguay participated in the special operation skills competition, I don't know what happend to Argentina. In that events Colombian has won five times, El Salvador two, Brazil once, Ecuador once.
5-28.jpg
A U.S. Army Special Forces Soldier taking part in the 9th edition of the 'Fuerzas Comando'.
A promotinal video:

Here a documentary-In Spanish-:

I once helped my Nation's team in his short training for the competition(1 month or so).

Greeting. I hope several 'Likes':D.

Actually, I have heard of it. ;-) Here's a Canadian article on it.
CANSOF at Fuerzas Comando 2012

By admin on June 12, 2012 in Canada
Below are a few photos of the CANSOF representatives at the Fuerzas Comando 2012 competition.​
Fuerzas Comando, established in 2004, is a U.S. Southern Command-sponsored Special Forces skills competition and senior leader seminar which is conducted annually in Central and South America and the Caribbean. The event is aimed at strengthening regional and multinational cooperation, mutual trust, enhance training, readiness and interoperability of Special Forces in the region.
More detail on the competition can be found here.

Range safety briefing

A Special Operations Forces competitor from Canada assumes a comfortable position before firing his M-4 carbine weapon, June 4, 2012, at the familiarization range at the National Training Center at Fort Tolemaida, Colombia.

A Canadian special operations forces team member fires his sniper rifle, June 6, 2012, to ensure its accuracy in preparation for the upcoming weapons skills events for Fuerzas Comando at the Colombian National Training Center at Fort Tolemaida.

Special operations forces snipers from Canada plan an entry strategy into the sniper stalk event field, June 9, 2012, at the Colombian National Training Center on Fort Tolemaida

A special operations forces sniper from Canada prepares for the sniper stalk event, June 9, 2012, at the Colombian National Training Center on Fort Tolemaida.

A Canadian special forces soldier (L) stands by to take part in the assault teams event of the 9th edition of the commando forces competition at the military base of Tolemaida, Colombia on June 9, 2012. Elite troops from 21 American countries take part in the competition.

A Canadian special forces soldier stands by to take part in the assault teams event of the 9th edition of the commando forces competition at the military base of Tolemaida, Colombia on June 9, 2012. Elite troops from 21 American countries take part in the competition.
Is that a Devil’s Brigade patch?
UPDATED: More pictures…

Canadian special forces soldier take part in Aquatic tactics during the 9th edition of the commando forces competition at the military base of Tolemaida, Colombia on June 11, 2012
Canadian special forces soldiers fire their weapons at the Acuatic tactics during 9th edition of the commando forces competition at the military base of Tolemaida, Colombia on June 11, 2012. Elite troops from 21 American countries take part in the competition.

Well, I created this to share my knowledge to everybody that hasn't heard about that.

We ran the 1st Counter Terrorism Symposium out of Ft. Clayton, Panama '98, 2nd one was conducted at Camp Salinas, Puerto Rico in '99.

Glad to see it's morphed into a much larger project. I believe there were 9 original SA countries in the 1st SOCSOUTH / C 3/7tth SFG (A) competition.

Argentina. Much like what's happening in the US right now, Argentina's President happened to Argentina. :-"

Haven't heard about that? I bet you haven't. But, Don't worry let me explain to you.

I once helped my Nation's team in his short training for the competition(1 month or so).

Greeting. I hope several 'Likes':D.

C- for Situational Awareness young'un. Congrats on "helping" your team train for the competition. Did you load magazines, fill canteens, or change out targets?? :sneaky:;-)

We ran the 1st Counter Terrorism Symposium out of Ft. Clayton, Panama '98, 2nd one was conducted at Camp Salinas, Puerto Rico in '99.

Glad to see it's morphed into a much larger project. I believe there were 9 original SA countries in the 1st SOCSOUTH / C 3/7tth SFG (A) competition.

Argentina. Much like what's happening in the US right now, Argentina's President happened to Argentina. :-"

C- for Situational Awareness young'un. Congrats on "helping" your team train for the competition. Did you load magazines, fill canteens, or change out targets?? :sneaky:;-)

Well, I was with the Sniper Team, I put the steel targets and I fired too :sneaky: . My team was ranked 3rd :), and the American Team was uncovered.

Let me clarify. I'm in no way diminishing any foreign teams that participate in Fuerzas Comandos. My C- mentioned above was more of a joke than anything. Those that know me and have been on the board for any length of time know that and know what I meant....

Fuerzas Comandos started out as a Counter-Terrorism Symposium constructed by SOCSOUTH in 1998. It was more of a "let's see what ya got" for the CA / SA countries. It was a great competition at all levels. The finale was a jump-fest / beer fest. Everyone involved jumped with all the other CA / SA countries and everyone received foreign jump wings out of the deal. I got 12 foreign wings out of the '98 and '99 jumpfest.

Back to the meat and potatoes: The CT Symposium competitions involved all aspects of an Assault Force taking down an objective, we just included the competition at team level using IPSC, IDPA, and CIF qualifications.....ie...CTE's, Obstacle Course, Stress Test's. We, the E.E.U.U., used the instructor litmus test, as in, how well were the students from all the CA / SA countries learning and using what we were teaching?....and by we, I include all 3 Battalions of 7th (at that time). What we learned was that the protege's were able to excel and were kicking the sensei's asses. We appreciated that and still do to this day!!!!!

It was great and still is to see the CA / SA countries taking our teachings to heart and bettering their training to above professional level. The commanders from the CA / SA countries started entering international competitions throughout the Southern Hemisphere. More bullets, more and better training from independent sources (IDPA/IPSC contract instructors), and new and improved equipment (guns/trucks/breaching gear/explosives) equalled better and more efficient soldiers / assaulters / snipers.

So now you see that even though we (E.E.U.U.) come in 5th, 10th, or even last, we've accomplished our mission...(even though not finishing 1st sucks ass).

Just so you know that I'm not calling you out soldado, I'm trying to show you that we actually do know a bit about "Fuerzas Comandos".

It's truly a great competition and I hope it expands, just as it has every year.

BTW, FUCK sequestration and I hope it doesn't affect this premier "showing/competition" of Elite CT Teams from all over the world.

Let me clarify. I'm in no way diminishing any foreign teams that participate in Fuerzas Comandos. My C- mentioned above was more of a joke than anything. Those that know me and have been on the board for any length of time know that and know what I meant....

I understood.

Fuerzas Comandos started out as a Counter-Terrorism Symposium constructed by SOCSOUTH in 1998. It was more of a "let's see what ya got" for the CA / SA countries. It was a great competition at all levels. The finale was a jump-fest / beer fest. Everyone involved jumped with all the other CA / SA countries and everyone received foreign jump wings out of the deal. I got 12 foreign wings out of the '98 and '99 jumpfest.

Back to the meat and potatoes: The CT Symposium competitions involved all aspects of an Assault Force taking down an objective, we just included the competition at team level using IPSC, IDPA, and CIF qualifications.....ie...CTE's, Obstacle Course, Stress Test's. We, the E.E.U.U., used the instructor litmus test, as in, how well were the students from all the CA / SA countries learning and using what we were teaching?....and by we, I include all 3 Battalions of 7th (at that time). What we learned was that the protege's were able to excel and were kicking the sensei's asses. We appreciated that and still do to this day!!!!!

It was great and still is to see the CA / SA countries taking our teachings to heart and bettering their training to above professional level. The commanders from the CA / SA countries started entering international competitions throughout the Southern Hemisphere. More bullets, more and better training from independent sources (IDPA/IPSC contract instructors), and new and improved equipment (guns/trucks/breaching gear/explosives) equalled better and more efficient soldiers / assaulters / snipers.

So now you see that even though we (E.E.U.U.) come in 5th, 10th, or even last, we've accomplished our mission...(even though not finishing 1st sucks ass).

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.

So you know that I'm not calling you out soldado, I'm trying to show you that we actually do know a bit about "Fuerzas Comandos".

I know.

Soldado said:
"Haven't heard about that? I bet you haven't. But, Don't worry let me explain to you." This was to everybody that hasn't heard about that.

It was to everybody that hasn't heard about 'Fuerzas Comando'. That's all. It wasn't sarcastic.

It's truly a great competition and I hope it expands, just as it has every year.

BTW, FUCK sequestration and I hope it doesn't affect this premier "showing/competition" of Elite CT Teams from all over the world.

Well said. :thumbsup:

576167_10151034983783611_167324186_n.jpg

Green Berets from the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) watch as Commandos from Colombia practice marksmanship skills with the M4 Carbine in Tolemaida, Colombia, May 17, 2012. 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) have been a valuable asset in the training of these Commandos.
(U.S. Army photo by Spc. Fernando Lozano)

387118_10151034984053611_2027348252_n.jpg

Green Berets from the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) watch as Commandos from Colombia practice marksmanship skills with the M4 Carbine in Tolemaida, Colombia, May 17, 2012. 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) have been a valuable asset in the training of these Commandos.
(U.S. Army photo by Spc. Fernando Lozano)

7th SFG(Airborne): 'Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea'

Back