Future PJ Wife info

TBied

Unverified
Hi! My husband is taking the first steps towards becoming a PJ. I am a research junky and would love any insight into what my life will be like the next few years. I've tried searching PJ Wife and pararescue family and just haven't gotten much. He wants train before taking the PAST obviously. He could most likely pass it now but wants to excel not just pass and then I know he'd be in Auckland for basic and has multiple schools to do after before I'd be able to join him at Kirtland. I know this is vague but really any tips or insight in how to survive the beginning? And what it will be like while he's gone and even once in Kirtland?

Don't cheat on him, don't make him feel guilty for choosing to be a teammate over you. Don't be jealous of his mistress(the job). Basically be ego free, humble and supportive. If he becomes one of the negative statistics via quitting or injury, which is 90% of the guys, remember that he dared to try and support him completely in whatever his next task is. don't be selfish. Whether you know it or not, you both are going down this path. You can either be a help or a hindrance...

Last edited:
Don't cheat on him, don't make him feel guilty for choosing to be a teammate over you. Don't be jealous of his mistress(the job). Basically be ego free, humble and supportive. If he becomes one of the negative statistics via quitting or injury, which is 90% of the guys. Remember that he dared to try and support him completely in whatever his next task is. don't be selfish. Whether you know it or not, you both are going down this path. You can either be a help or a hindrance...
Thank you. Understanding that and doing it are two different things I'm sure but I'm going to do my best to stand by him every step of the way and be as encouraging as I can. I understand the lifestyle he's choosing will be hard for him and for us as a family but I'm more than willing to make it work. Cheating is not an option or draw for me in any way. We've had bumps along the way as every relationship does and I would never do anything to put our relationship in jeopardy. But I understand your need to put that in there.

Hi! My husband is taking the first steps towards becoming a PJ. I am a research junky and would love any insight into what my life will be like the next few years. I've tried searching PJ Wife and pararescue family and just haven't gotten much. He wants train before taking the PAST obviously. He could most likely pass it now but wants to excel not just pass and then I know he'd be in Auckland for basic and has multiple schools to do after before I'd be able to join him at Kirtland. I know this is vague but really any tips or insight in how to survive the beginning? And what it will be like while he's gone and even once in Kirtland?
I would also monitor your internet presence. Your husband isn't a future PJ. He's not even a PJ candidate. At the moment, he's a guy that thinks he wants to do the job and has done exactly nothing to make that a reality outside of a few phone calls.

I replied to your PM, and I don't mind engaging to be helpful when appropriate, but please continue to research the subject and most importantly- involve your husband. I get that you're curious, but this is a journey you need to begin together, as @TLDR20 so adeptly pointed out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would change your name so he's not spotlighted if and when he goes down this road. Change the profile picture too. You can remain anonymous and still get all the info you need.

Don't cheat on him, don't make him feel guilty for choosing to be a teammate over you. Don't be jealous of his mistress(the job). Basically be ego free, humble and supportive. If he becomes one of the negative statistics via quitting or injury, which is 90% of the guys, remember that he dared to try and support him completely in whatever his next task is. don't be selfish. Whether you know it or not, you both are going down this path. You can either be a help or a hindrance...

WOW! Great response! My wife asked me to copy and paste this to send to her. Thank you. Reality is not always easy to swallow, but this is a good reality check!

I would also monitor your internet presence. Your husband isn't a future PJ. He's not even a PJ candidate. At the moment, he's a guy that thinks he wants to do the job and has done exactly nothing to make that a reality outside of a few phone calls.

I replied to your PM, and I don't mind engaging to be helpful when appropriate, but please continue to research the subject and most importantly- involve your husband. I get that you're curious, but this is a journey you need to begin together, as @TLDR20 so adeptly pointed out.

Just a heads up, the quote in your post still contains her full name and everything.

Back