Gaming thread

I’m curious what my numbers would be for like MLB the show. I played that GTAV and Ghost Recon Wildlands an absurd amount.

I took a player in MLB the Show 16 to 2030. Broke the HR record and the hits record. I did almost every at bat for 14 seasons. I don’t even want to know how many hours I played that while I was working nights.

Not knowing your game/ situation...

Steam looks at hours in the game. Wastedindestiny.com breaks that up into hours playing the game and hours spent waiting for events to load, running around the public area (tower).

Game time depends on a number of factors set by the developer or the publisher.

I'm not going to /played in WoW, but I've been playing it since about 3mo after launch (2004), and still going strong. Spent a long time in raiding guilds chasing world firsts.

That all said, I'm not an achievement whore, and last time I looked a few years back, I was at 338 days (just over 8,000 hours). I did skip the last expansion. So, 5,000 hours are definitely expert level @AWP in my mind. And 21K or 30K??? Wow. (No pun intended)

Last edited:
I'll take a beating for this and that's fair. World of Warships, part of the F2P "World of xxxx" family. It is actually pretty fun, take it as serious as you'd like, and don't pay for upgrades unless you are super sweaty. Available on a variety of Platforms, it will even run in the background. Not a bad diversion for certain communities out there.
I'll pay a little to have fun, and it's not like WoWS money put in is as much P2W as oh, say War Thunder. That game can die in a fire.
That's a pretty big assumption... My first (computer) video game was a Joust clone on the TRS-80 in about 1985. I've been a non-stop gamer in my free time ever since. Currently playing Hogwart's Legacy, 7 Days to Die (phenomenal game for replayability in a base builder), Virtual Pool 4, Project Cars 2, Tropico 6 and Stellaris. No first person shooters at the moment because of an issue with my left hand, but I play a wide range and I play a LOT.

I have gunships that need turret operators, only have to peck 3 keys when you get in then it's all mouse aim and click... in Star Citizen :D

ScreenShot-2023-03-20_00-47-45-FED.jpg
K and the Midget don't even have flight controls, I'm the dedicated pilot for the family (partially since I can get away with it, what with a recliner converted into a flight station and all).

It's fun, and with the org that I'm in, it's even more fun since we keep it interesting.

My nonprofit, The Second Mission Foundation, is sponsoring a one-shot D&D session in November. It's no-cost for participants.

-it's 5th Edition
-it will be played over Roll20 and Discord, so you have to be (or become) familiar with those platforms
-you have to be active/a vet to participate
-limited to 6 participants (5 slots remain)
-session will most likely be 1800-2100 on Monday, 06NOV23
-it's a one-shot now but could turn into a campaign, depending on the interest of the participants
-I'm not playing in this event, just paying for it

if you're interested, post up here or send me a message

My gaming PC motherboard appears to have shit the bed (it’s either that or power supply but I changed the power supply and nothing changed (it still doesn’t turn on)). So I bought a new MSI laptop. For now though I’m playing through Starfield on Xbox and am kind of bored by it. I’m probably going to jump on the Baulder Gate train soon.

Pay Day 3 was fun last night for a few rounds. Only played the first map but tried guns blazing and stealth. Made more money guns blazing than stealthy.

Last edited:
My gaming PC motherboard appears to have shit the bed (it’s either that or power supply but I changed the power supply and nothing changed (it still doesn’t turn on)). So I bought a new MSI laptop. For more though I’m playing through Starfield on Xbox and am kind of bored by it. I’m probably going to jump on the Baulder Gate train soon.

Pay Day 3 was fun last night for a few rounds. Only played the first map but tried guns blazing and stealth. Made more money guns blazing than stealthy.

Starfield seems to be a game you love or "meh", so I'm not surprised with your response. I haven't played it myself. Baldur's Gate is supposed to be really good. Cyberpunk just dropped a DLC, but I haven't played the base game.

I wish Task Force: Admiral would announce a release date. Some of the released footage looks amazing.

I know I've mentioned it about 6mo ago, but I'm finally pulling the trigger next week on a new PC.

I'm going to go with a laptop. A tower is just too much of a pain to move around safely with the wheelchair.

In the past I've used Falcon NW in the past, and I think I've settled on them. The last one I got through them in 2012 is still running without problem aside from needing to swap out the HD for an SSD five years back. They have wonderful stateside support and warranty.

My only concern is that they no longer build them from scratch themselves like they used to do. It's now the Cleavo, but tuned and tested, and painted, by Falcon internally.

I know we have talked about PCs, but any thoughts on the laptop side?

Why did you settle on MSI @BloodStripe ?

Why did you settle on MSI @BloodStripe ?
Crappy answer - it was the best spec laptop the Navy Exchange had and was an impulse buy. My wife walks off with the $2k laptop all the time and all I can think about each time she grabs it: if she only knew how much I actually spent on it, I’d be in the dog house lol.

I probably should have built a gaming PC but really wanted a laptop.

Starfield seems to be a game you love or "meh", so I'm not surprised with your response. I haven't played it myself. Baldur's Gate is supposed to be really good. Cyberpunk just dropped a DLC, but I haven't played the base game.

I wish Task Force: Admiral would announce a release date. Some of the released footage looks amazing.
Starfield is very meh, about to uninstall it…I was looking forward to it...but, nah

Back