Gardening

I wouldn't call my containers gardening, but I do like watering the spices and the tomato plant, and checking on them. It's a good activity, it's been fun.

@Andoni You can definitely cut the flowers off to keep it from going to seed.
@compforce I'm impressed. I can never get my seeds to do squat.
@TLDR20 I did not know that about coriander being the flower/seed of cilantro.

Our lemon tree is still holding on to the little green fruits it came with. Only one seems to be under the impression it should maybe start turning yellow.

@Andoni You can definitely cut the flowers off to keep it from going to seed.
@compforce I'm impressed. I can never get my seeds to do squat.
@TLDR20 I did not know that about coriander being the flower/seed of cilantro.

Our lemon tree is still holding on to the little green fruits it came with. Only one seems to be under the impression it should maybe start turning yellow.

Some Pics
The whole thing... (And the dog trying to choose something to eat)
Garden.png
Right Side

right side.png

This is Borage with the blue flowers
Borage.png

The red lattices are 3 feet for reference

Alright, alright, alright. 2023.

My wife gave me a little hydroponic setup for Christmas. Tomatoes, basil, and mint are rocking along.

In the "real real", garden #1 is down. 3 cherry tomatoes, 3 heirloom, 1 basil (they are great from repelling tomato-eating bugs), 2 jalapeno, and 1 habanero are in the dirt. Garden #2 will be 4 cukes and 2 zucchini, all on trellises.

The first batch of pesto should drop this upcoming weekend.

We have marigolds, petunias, and gailardia to attract pollinators. I might add another flower, not sure.

I'm about 6-8 weeks earlier than last year, so I'm optimistic about my crop before the summer fungus hits. I added pine bark and landscaping mat to control weeds and fungus. I didn't put in a drip irrigation like I want, but the mat and bark should help control the "bad stuff."

Alright, alright, alright. 2023.

My wife gave me a little hydroponic setup for Christmas. Tomatoes, basil, and mint are rocking along.

In the "real real", garden #1 is down. 3 cherry tomatoes, 3 heirloom, 1 basil (they are great from repelling tomato-eating bugs), 2 jalapeno, and 1 habanero are in the dirt. Garden #2 will be 4 cukes and 2 zucchini, all on trellises.

The first batch of pesto should drop this upcoming weekend.

We have marigolds, petunias, and gailardia to attract pollinators. I might add another flower, not sure.

I'm about 6-8 weeks earlier than last year, so I'm optimistic about my crop before the summer fungus hits. I added pine bark and landscaping mat to control weeds and fungus. I didn't put in a drip irrigation like I want, but the mat and bark should help control the "bad stuff."
Hate, hate, hate. This weekend I am planting in the Hydroponic. Got it for Christmas. Don’t put in the dirt till Mother’s Day up here

I started mine in little peat pots, planting some after they sprouted and moving others to larger pots while I finished that garden. So far, so good. The only plant I bought this year is basil and I bought all of my seeds online.

I grow jalapeños. Very easy. Beware, first time I grew so many I didn't know what to do with them all.

Basil is the same. I don't know if you ever grew that, but two plants will keep you in pesto forever.

And those of you who like pesto, it is so easy to grow, it is like a weed. You can do it in a pot on a windowsill. Stupid easy.

Basil is the same. I don't know if you ever grew that, but two plants will keep you in pesto forever.

And those of you who like pesto, it is so easy to grow, it is like a weed. You can do it in a pot on a windowsill. Stupid easy.

I grow Rosemary but haven't tried Basil. Love me some Pesto on pizza, so maybe this year.

Back