General Terrorism Discussion

The background check portion of that article is accurate however very misleading. So the numbers of refugees are actually lower...Paris just had 8 "refugees".

When IS rolled into Raqqah, SY and Mosul, IZ, they over ran the city, which was pretty much intact. SY/IZ blank passports, the machines, and even some employees were absolutely untouched.

How can you vet legit documents that contain forged information? The only people that get flagged are KNOWN to the system.

How many guys from Paris were known but undetected?

I didn't say that. I think we have room for both. I think those terps should get to come here. It isn't the fault of the refugees that our government screwed the pooch on the terps.

You're starting off with the assumption that America (or any other Western country) owes shit to anyone. In fact, you don't need to accept a single damn person.

The problem with Islam isn't just violent extremism. There's a host of other multicultural delights that Europe is blessed with... You really want to welcome the type of issues places like France or England suffer from, voluntarily? Muslims are the only group of people who have failed to integrate in Western Europe, but it's not an issue of failed integration on our part (unless you count not bending to Sharia law and other absurdities) since most other cultures manage to integrate just fine over here. And it won't be any different in the US if you start importing them by the thousands.

@Rapid
One theory of fault lies in the industrial revolution and development of transportation in neighboring countries essentially bypassing the Muslims of the region. Other cultures adapted, progressed, at times digressed... shit changed to say it in layman's terms on a social/cultural scale for many reasons that are linked to the age. The Muslims didn't - nothing changed and they expanded. When they caught up (mostly) they were not prepared for what the world had become.

As far as fears or concerns regarding mass-murderers, lone wolf incidents, and ISIS in general - they are all a joke IMHO. The only time I worry about the first two (for my family) is while deployed which I am currently. For the third category, I feel that the Taliban were more formidable than ISIS in the Micro of things but those are my own opinions/perspectives/experiences. As OIR remains in it's infancy the only relevant picture for the media to portray of ISIS is the Macro. From a distance ISIS appears well managed/organized, well funded/equipped, driven/motivated, but the reality is that they get their shit pushed in consistently on equal circumstances of Coalition/Peshmerga forces and their own (ISIS) bone-headed tactical decisions. My stance currently is that if we wiped out ISIS tomorrow: Kurdistan would tear itself apart, Iraq would allow for a new flavor of the month, and we would be holding our d*cks wondering what to do with it.

What I fear most are the knee jerk reactions that influence policy - they come from the incidents of the first two categories in the form of a solution. As American patriots we assume that the government is governed by its leadership and sound judgement, by the close watch of the people. The truth is that we're all governed by the mass hysteria, fear, and emotions that influence the masses. Everything is a tragedy or an outcry - fuck you dude...

Fully agree with those who are against receiving refugees from Syria and the article posted earlier was full of generalizations. The author failed to mention or genuinely explain our lack of capabilities for investigating subjects who come from relatively disconnected worlds. @TLDR20

Without getting into the Rabbit hole too far - how could anyone reasonably/logically expect the United States of America or any country of that matter to retrieve, review, generate, or process thorough background investigations involving one on one screenings, bio metrics, and database screening for example on a group of people who likely has no data or records to begin with? There is nothing linking them to the rest of the world. It will not happen. The same is why most Afghans encountered are born January 1st (whatever year they look) because simply put, they don't fucking know, and neither will we (hence the Afghan birthday joke on New Years). #HVGC'13-14

I do not believe it is un-American to turn away refugees, I believe it is an intelligent and conservative viewpoint that is best for our people and not their people. Certainly we could cite the many refugees we have taken in historically, most relevant being the Kurdish refugees in Tennessee from the Saddam period. But that is by no means a requirement and should be determined subjectively; bringing any mass populous into a society must never be a reaction... ever. I'm tired of reading/listening to news outlets portray some sense of guilt as if we're not doing our part.

Well we fight the GWOT pretty hard - I'd say that's a pretty big part we're doing.

Should we decide to take them in, one bad encounter will not only become a case for refugees never coming to the United States - but an added case on immigration, visitation (visa's and stuff), etc... In the grand scheme of things you risk much more by bringing the refugees over than leaving them where they are. If anyone is in a good position to take these guys in, it is Turkey.

R/

H/A

Our people are pretty dumb and astonishingly, much of the world is even dumber.

The Colorado Planned Parenthood shooter is largely being called a domestic terrorist at this point. Although I agree that he is a terrorist, I am a bit taken back by the media being at ease to call some old crazy white guy a terrorist for killing people, where other shooters like former Army Maj Hassan and his rampage was considered work place violence. Just an observation.

That said, I'm interested to learn more details on this shooting. It appears to me to be a very low body count, for such a long 'active' shooting incident. There were reports of active gun fire between LE and the shooter well into the incident, and it would seem that the body count would or should have been much higher. It would be interesting (for me) to learn the detail's on what his intentions were, who and how many he intended to kill and how LE's response altered the shooters abilities to execute his plan.

The Colorado Planned Parenthood shooter is largely being called a domestic terrorist at this point. Although I agree that he is a terrorist, I am a bit taken back by the media being at ease to call some old crazy white guy a terrorist for killing people, where other shooters like former Army Maj Hassan and his rampage was considered work place violence. Just an observation.
I don't think that the media was classifying it as "workplace violence". I think that was just the Obama administration.

Tragically, I think the "T" word is only used when it is beneficial to either the MSM or the government. It's use is most important to them, because the sheeple are only concerned with what they are told since they don't do any independent thinking of their own.

I thought the government called the Ft.Hood shooting a terrorist attack. Didn't those soldiers get Purple Hearts?

If you remember back the big issue was the liberal media and Obama wouldn't call it a terror attack. Yes, congress voted to award the victims purple hearts. I was only using it as an example. It just seems to me, and it may be unfounded, that when its a crazy white guy he is a terrorist, when its a radical Muslim or a or any other ethnicity, they are just criminal murderer's, etc. Probably unfounded, but after watching/reading news over the past few years that these shooting have become more common, it just seems the media is fast to pegg the domestic terrorist that fits their ideals of crazy white boys in the hills going crazy. Which in the specific case, that appears to be exactly what it is.

This comic does a fairly good job at summarizing my feelings on the right media's reaction to the PP shooting

sxf84ur.jpg

Mass ISIS support demonstration on the streets of Germany:

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Good job, Merkel.

Back