Imminent national security threat?

Even if they wanted to, most of NATO's partner states have ineffective armies. I'm specifically including the Germans, who until recently were supposed to have the most capable (non-nuclear) military in Europe. And that's not just an "ugly American" talking:

The Bad News Bundeswehr: An Examination of the Truly Dire State of Germany's Military
Which brings me to Trumps recent comments about NATO, that the left is all over. I don't blame him for being pissed. If any member is invaded, it's likely going to be American's that fight that conflict. How many times did he warn us?

Which brings me to Trumps recent comments about NATO, that the left is all over. I don't blame him for being pissed. If any member is invaded, it's likely going to be American's that fight that conflict. How many times did he warn us?
Like so many other things, he is 100% correct. NATO has been freeriding the shit out of America on all things security since at least the fall of the USSR. "You don't want to do your part in your own security? LOL OK, good luck with that."

Most countries are not paying their share of at least 2% and the US is paying almost twice as much as everyone else. Trump's message is just pay the 2% you agreed to pay.

Makes sense Poland is suddenly paying a lot more in 2023.

14636.jpeg

We need to deal with climate change, right-wing extremists, and MAGA Republicans first - the POTUS and SECDEF have both said that THOSE are all our number one national security threat...

THEN - we can worry about Russia

81189.jpg

Last edited:
Correct, most people don't know that.
Equally important is that it wasn't because one of those "lesser" countries got hit - it's because the USA got hit. The metaphoric guy with the money got jumped in the parking lot - everybody better jump on board and make sure the meal ticket guy isn't getting jacked.

The US doesn't really "need" to rely on Article 5 when other people are in danger, because we can pretty much do what we want - and pretty much DO - do what we want.

...or at least that's what I've been told..

So - if you detonate an explosive charge under water - nearby fish will die and float to the surface...
Does that mean that if some asshole detonates an explosive charge in out space, that it will cause the heavens to start raining dead extraterrestrial beings?

So - if you detonate an explosive charge under water - nearby fish will die and float to the surface...
Does that mean that if some asshole detonates an explosive charge in out space, that it will cause the heavens to start raining dead extraterrestrial beings?
Nope. It just fries the electrical grid and tens of millions die, because their cities turned into concrete and rebar tombs.

well fuck
that doesn't sound cool at all
Yeah, it'd be a pretty lame way to go. If I was a vindictive person, I'd blow up a bunch of my own satellites in a way to create a debris field to take out enemy satellites. This would create a wider debris field, which could take out other orbiting objects, and severely hamper future spaceborne operations.

( How hard a 1/2 ounce of space debris hits)
1708038421377.png

Then I'd watch the zoomers eat each other alive because their tictok app won't run

Solar cycle 25 is probably a more immediate concern. Just sayin'.
Is that when we pass through the part of our solar system that is just full of life ending space rocks? November?

Back