Imminent national security threat?

Yeah, it'd be a pretty lame way to go. If I was a vindictive person, I'd blow up a bunch of my own satellites in a way to create a debris field to take out enemy satellites. This would create a wider debris field, which could take out other orbiting objects, and severely hamper future spaceborne operations.

( How hard a 1/2 ounce of space debris hits)
View attachment 44100

Then I'd watch the zoomers eat each other alive because their tictok app won't run

Is that when we pass through the part of our solar system that is just full of life ending space rocks? November?
No. It is right now. Google it. It's already knocked out parts of OZ this year and no radio at the poles currently.
Solar flare temporarily disrupts radio signals in Australia
Solar radiation storm causing massive enduring radio blackout

No. It is right now. Google it. It's already knocked out parts of OZ this year and no radio at the poles currently.
Solar flare temporarily disrupts radio signals in Australia
Solar radiation storm causing massive enduring radio blackout
Ah okay! I know solar flares can really mess with satellites and hamper comms. I also remember there was something about an extinction level event that was attributed to solar flares a while back. For some reason I was thinking of the orbital debris zones the Earth passes through that is full of asteroids. It's why we have so many meteor showers during the Fall.

I assumed we went through a micro debris field and lost a bunch of satellites.

Everybody does. That, and intel. "But that's OK, because their ground combat forces are good."

No, they're not.
From a UK MP:

MSN

Small wonder then that the exodus from the Army and RAF officer corps is becoming a flood. Worryingly, I understand that the most recent search for company commanders in the infantry, normally hugely competitive, has fallen fully one third short.

We are close to losing a whole cohort of the best and brightest officers because a weak Ministry of Defence has torn down existing arrangements and devised a crackpot housing scheme antithetical to the interests of middle-ranking officers. All this to accommodate a Treasury tax rule and a woke and wilful misrepresentation of the chain of command.

In no way am I saying that the US recruiting/retention/talent management is better. It's just another indicator of how bad the problem is getting.

Back