George H.W. Bush - Passes away at 94

I'm being probably overly critical...but someone should have given that flag an iron instead of just taking it straight out of the packet...

See also: Classy.

6A45AC3F-C810-4CBB-AC77-C024C1186D30.jpeg

ETA - posted this pic as a service to site members and to demonstrate to @SpitfireV just how far the intuitive technology of this board has come. I’m sure he’ll figure out how to do this once he gives up his Blackberry.

Last edited:
Ummm....Marine...
Now don’t go giving me any shit for that. I understand you folks are just getting the hang of this darn fangled Internet down there, but all you have to do is copy/paste your picture into this high-tech forum we’ve got here.

But....if if makes you feel better, I’ll edit my post.

Love stories like this, his secret service code name Timberwolf.

Why the Secret Service loved former President George H.W. Bush

Secret service agents tell of milk and cookie raids with George H. W. Bush | Daily Mail Online

WASHINGTON — Just before midnight on Friday evening, I received the news from a current US Secret Service agent. His message said, “We lost Timberwolf — a part of us is gone.”

Reading these nine words, I was heavy with sorrow — for both the Bush family and for the agency. In addition to losing a father, statesman and public servant, we lost a man who had become the shining example of integrity and kindness during the 38 years we had the honor of protecting him.

George H.W. Bush, whose protective call sign was “Timberwolf,” was arguably the agency’s most beloved protectee.

Last edited:
A huge life lived serving his country and people.

Seemed to get a great send off today as well. His sons eulogy was brilliant.

Back