Glock Question

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
I have a Glock 35 .40 cal. I read that you can replace the barrel and fire .357 Sig through it. I thought I also read that I could replace the barrel and the mag and it would fire .45 or 9mm as well. Is that accurate? If so, is there a particular site you'd recommend for the barrels?

I have a Glock 35 .40 cal. I read that you can replace the barrel and fire .357 Sig through it. I thought I also read that I could replace the barrel and the mag and it would fire .45 or 9mm as well. Is that accurate? If so, is there a particular site you'd recommend for the barrels?

.45? I haven't heard of that before. 9mm and .357 Sig are easy:

http://www.kkmprecision.com/custom_pistol_barrels/home.php?cat=22

9mm will require new mags (G34 should work) but I'm not 100% about the .357 Sig. I would think regular G35 mags would work, but again, I'm not 100% certain.

For general Glock stuff you can also check out Lone Wolf but in briefly looking I didn't see any conversions for the 35.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Default.aspx?PAGE=Main Page

You can go down to 9mm or over to 357 Sig (10mm as well I think-need to check), however 45 ACP and GAP will not work due to the frame/slide size. Midway USA has Lone wolf barrels 40S&W to 9mm for $104 currently, pretty good barrel. FF is right on the magazines...

there are 2 frame sizes the small one (9mm/40s&w/357sig) and the large one (10mm auto/.45acp/.45gap)
for the 357sig you can use the 40s&w mags.
only the barel change may be diffcult, the diameter of the barrels are not the same. the slide(?) of a 40s&w has a bigger hole so the 9mm barrels dont fit 'cause the smaller diameter, i cant tell if the diameter of the 357sig barrel fits in the 40s slide.
in austria the company IGB http://www.impulsegunbarrels.com/ maybe have a salvation for the problem they are glock experts.

hey Mara, do the right thing... to switch from .40 to 9 or .45 do like me, only problem: you have to be quick of hand, let me show you my babies (exactly what you want...):D

res526406_DSC_1344.jpg

I have done it, twice and don't recommend it. .357 sig is expensive. The other part is reloading, seems a lot of people says it tricky.

All one has to do is buy the barrel to match the glock. That is all. .357 sig is basically a 40 S&W necked down to 9mm (.356) with the ballistics close to .357 mag.

If you want a Glock in better caliber, get a 10mm/ model 30. 10 mm is a 40 S&W on steroids.

hmm... the full custom is 250$ and the huge problem of sending my glock from germany to the us....

Vanek has a drop-in kit, the Super Grand Master for $250 and the Classic is just $125.

Is this for an Open division IPSC gun?

Mara if you talking about 40 to 10 mm, all a person needs is a barrel $100 -135 range. On barrels, one can buy barrels were lead bullets can be used for Glocks, they are more $$.

for IPSC, take a 1911 and $5000.00 and give it to a gunsmith, when he is all done, you have a very fine race gun and no change.

Take a Glock and $5000.00 and give it to a gunsmith, when he is all done you will have a very fine shooting Glock and change from $4500.00 to near $4900.00 Glock are really great work horses, they are not thoroughbreds.

Swordsman, all pistols can "Kaboom" given the right circumstances, normally reloading a bad piece of brass is the cause. I have personally seen a Glock, HK USP, and 2 1911’s all kaboom and everyone of them were with a reload. Not saying that is the only reason, but its common enough. A while back some retard around here (who is now banned) tried to make the argument that it was particular to the Glock model 22. That it was the result of the amount of material removed from the chamber. What has been commonly proven is that it is actually due to the brass casing not being strong enough for the pressure (i.e. the base of the casing is weak). This is Glock’s stand on it as well as many other manufactures, as well as most gun smiths who know what they are doing.

The G22 was this other members argument as being the “bad” Glock, I own one and have well over 100K rounds though it (around 20K this year alone) and I have yet to have any issue with reliability of any kind.

ETA: I am not knocking re-loads Hollis lol;)

Back