Going to see Prince at Paisley Park tonight! (...and now he's gone)

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
It was more than I could have hoped for. I met a couple from London who flew in specifically to attend this show. If there were even a thousand people packed into that room I would be surprised. The VIP tickets bought me parking at Paisley Park (vs. having to take shuttle) and a folding chair not 10 feet from the man. (vs. having to stand the whole show about 50 feet back).

As I read more national and international reviews of the show, it is becoming apparent to me that I attending something pretty special - this Rolling Stones review does a pretty good job of communicating the tone of the evening. I am spoiled for concerts for a long time now, not sure what circumstances I would ever want to see an arena-type show again.

Prince Stuns at Emotional 'Piano and a Microphone' Solo Show

Anyone else a fan? I've never seen him in concert, and quite honestly I hate "arena" type shows, especially for someone whom I'd rather see in a smaller venue. I hit the jackpot on this one, Paisley Park is just 1,800 seats - and he's doing the show without a band. Just him, the keyboard and a mic.

"The intimate performances will span the Purple One's entire discography, according to a press release, including hits, new stuff, rarities, B-sides, and "new never-before-heard material."

http://www.citypages.com/music...s-at-paisley-7972845

3470_1663717640575378_3673463999981821207_n.jpg

Last edited:
You bringing your boyfriend with you? Or is that like bringing sand to the beach?

Ha! I'd accept that sad excuse of an insult from you if I was going to see the legendary George Michael. But Prince? I'll claim to be a fan of his any day. The dude is a musical genius. Master of the guitar, piano, and drums; the man writes his own tunes....and then there are the women. My god, the quality of women he had 'back in the day'. Starting with Apollonia, with Carmen Electra, Kim Basinger, and Shelia E in the mix as well. Dude gets much respect from me ...

Love Prince. Went to the Purple Rain concert in Los Angeles back in the day.

Prince inspired me to learn the guitar. Aint ashamed to admit it.

One of my high school girlfriends was a huge fan and took me to one of his shows in Chicago in the early 90s.

"Ugh, the power of the pink," I initially thought.

Ended up totally surprised by how great the show was, especially his guitar playing. :thumbsup:

He recently posted his passport photo (thank you, Fark.com). I think it makes Chappelle's version even funnier.

1058083-11-20160218101720.jpeg

** BREAKING **

A little sick to my stomach right now.

The bolded section makes no sense to me, if it is not Prince then why would they not say so? Unless it is?

Authorities investigating death at Prince's Paisley Park

Authorities said Thursday morning that they are investigating a death at Prince's Paisley Park in Chanhassen.

"We're currently conducting a death investigation and there isn't much I can say," said Jason Kamerud, chief sheriff's deputy for Carver County. "We're withholding information on the identification of the decedent until after we've connected with the next of kin. Once that has been done we will issue a press release."

Asked specifically if Prince had died, Kamerud repeated that he couldn't confirm the identity of the decedent. "I appreciate that you need to report responsibly. I want to be responsible to the decedent's next of kin. I think that's the respectful thing to do.

Back