Got the jobb!

Anyone have any insight on concurrent military military retired pay and VA disability compensation? When I went to the survivor benefit brief I was told I qualify but dude didn’t seem too sure.

I don't know about retirement, but I've been a ward of the VA for many years. You should get a pretty good rating since your disability effectively ended your aviator career.

Anyone have any insight on concurrent military military retired pay and VA disability compensation? When I went to the survivor benefit brief I was told I qualify but dude didn’t seem too sure.

Yes. You can receive disability and retirement pay. I'm retired and rated at 10% . I have additional 0% ratings which also could be upgraded if things ever get worse.

Nothing is making sense really. I’m being told I will get my disability pay and 85% of my base pay together.

Possibly. I receive 53% for retirement, which allows another up to 47% percent in disability. I was thinking you couldn't receive over 100% in any situation. Thats just how I understood it. But my situation is not the same as yours. Hopefully someone on here can better relate.

I got 100% P&T. I my retirement orders for years for basic pay I have 20 years 5 months and 3 days. Guy told me that’s the line they use for chapter 61 disability retirement.
Should be a good candidate for concurrent receipt. I'll ask my expert later today.
Was the medical retirement due to a duty related injury? or illness?

I got 100% P&T. I my retirement orders for years for basic pay I have 20 years 5 months and 3 days. Guy told me that’s the line they use for chapter 61 disability retirement.

Good for you. I was 40% after Vietnam for wounds...but got bumped up to 100% P&T due to PTSD 30 years later.

Check out property taxes wherever you decide to live. In Florida 100% P&T get a property tax exemption. That's huge. The VA basically put all my three kids through college. Not only that, free health care...and I've had six major surgeries at the Tampa VA since 2016. My wife is covered by CHAMPVA. That's also huge, since her medicine for RA is incredibly expensive.

Good for you. I was 40% after Vietnam for wounds...but got bumped up to 100% P&T due to PTSD 30 years later.

Check out property taxes wherever you decide to live. In Florida 100% P&T get a property tax exemption. That's huge. The VA basically put all my three kids through college. Not only that, free health care...and I've had six major surgeries at the Tampa VA since 2016. My wife is covered by CHAMPVA. That's also huge, since her medicine for RA is incredibly expensive.
We are heading to Palm Coast Fl.

When we added all the percentages not using VA math I’m 820% disabled.😂
Yeah the VA's fractional wizardry is nuts!
Welcome to the club with your rating. Glad you didn't have to fight the VA for it. As it clearly shows it as service related.
As to 85% of your base, plus the payment at 100%. That is a roger on collecting both. Or at least it was when I was a Legion VSO.

Yeah the VA's fractional wizardry is nuts!
Welcome to the club with your rating. Glad you didn't have to fight the VA for it. As it clearly shows it as service related.
As to 85% of your base, plus the payment at 100%. That is a roger on collecting both. Or at least it was when I was a Legion VSO.
Will I get it as AD or at 59.5 as reserve?

Back