Got the jobb!

Will I get it as AD or at 59.5 as reserve?
If memory serves, the selection was/is based off time in component service. Whichever the greater. Been awhile since I was an active VSO. So it could be different now.
Also, you are probably eligible for SSDI. However, that can be a struggle to get. I am 100% P&T and draw my full Social Security.

If memory serves, the selection was/is based off time in component service. Whichever the greater. Been awhile since I was an active VSO. So it could be different now.
Also, you are probably eligible for SSDI. However, that can be a struggle to get. I am 100% P&T and draw my full Social Security.

SSDI has a gremlin who automatically denies claims. I don’t think they even read my medical records the first time. They want you to go away. I appealed and got approved.

SSDI has a gremlin who automatically denies claims. I don’t think they even read my medical records the first time. They want you to go away. I appealed and got approved.
They flat out told me at the time of filing that I would be denied and, to hire an attorney.
Fortunately Rep. Mike Bost, he wrote the MISSION Act, was my representative and buddy. His office helped me out a ton and, I got a favorable decision.
Best part is the Veteran Intern in his office. Uncovered all kinds of wrongdoing at the SSA location I had to go to. 3 people were fired and an SSA judge was transferred.

No gremlins, just a bunch of useless and, corrupt staff.

They flat out told me at the time of filing that I would be denied and, to hire an attorney.
Fortunately Rep. Mike Bost, he wrote the MISSION Act, was my representative and buddy. His office helped me out a ton and, I got a favorable decision.
Best part is the Veteran Intern in his office. Uncovered all kinds of wrongdoing at the SSA location I had to go to. 3 people were fired and an SSA judge was transferred.

No gremlins, just a bunch of useless and, corrupt staff.
SSA will always give you the wrong information hoping you don't press the issue. At the point where they owed me $20K I went to my congressman. Should have done that first. Instant results when you involve your congressional rep.

Should have done that first. Instant results when you involve your congressional rep.

My wife just went through a "ignore the problem and it will go away" situation in Corporate America.

Publicly traded companies have to post their documentation online which lists their CEO, CFO, COO, HR head, etc.

I will not admit to creating a dummy email account and sending those above a rundown of what she experienced. Some people allegedly had to update their resumes when the investigation was complete. As a result, some others may or may not have retained an attorney. I can neither confirm or deny the above.

Moral of the story and applicable to everyone: Work within the system and when it fails you? Burn that motherfucker to the ground by sending the right people some matches.

Back