Gurkha training blog....

It’s a weird thing, right? But until I started reading about Ghurka and Sikh units that realization didn’t dawn on me.

Their combat history is terrifying and ultimately badass.

Totally hard agree. I read a book about them maybe 10 years ago. I don't want to face anybody in combat, really, but there are some units I no I do not want to face. They'd be near the top of the list.

As a cultural thing, the British have done a really good job of holding onto units like that and appreciating and recognizing their cultural and military contributions and accomplishments. We have not. But then, we have not been in the whole colonization and subjugation thing for a while.

Totally hard agree. I read a book about them maybe 10 years ago. I don't want to face anybody in combat, really, but there are some units I no I do not want to face. They'd be near the top of the list.

As a cultural thing, the British have done a really good job of holding onto units like that and appreciating and recognizing their cultural and military contributions and accomplishments. We have not. But then, we have not been in the whole colonization and subjugation thing for a while.
Bruh. I like to think I’m scared of no dude.

There are plenty of people I can stand across from and go, “Don’t know who is gonna win this one but we will definitely have to see.”

A Gurkha? I’d probably think, “Fuck me. Figures.”

A mate umpired a Para v Gurkha exercise. He said it was a rolling fist fight of epic proportions.
This reminds me: RGR deploy as OpFor during Spring Victory, joint exercise between Sandhurst and Ecoles De Coetquidan. Let's just say the exercise is not fair. They kicked all of our asses.

An unfortunate byproduct of Partition in 1947 saw the dissolving of many Indian regiments. They had WW1 & WW2 battle honours, all of which were consigned to history.

Back