Hard Times

I know I am asking for a crystal ball answer, but does the same type of effects that will happen to the AD forces apply to NG? I know a lot of our members were apart of the NG during the 90's, what was it like then?

I know I am asking for a crystal ball answer, but does the same type of effects that will happen to the AD forces apply to NG? I know a lot of our members were apart of the NG during the 90's, what was it like then?

It sucked monkey balls. I've posted about it before, but our equipment was 2 generations behind the AD guys, money for training didn't exist, by the late 90's we couldn't even send our reclass soldiers to the AD schools, so we lost them for 18-24 months to a weekend and AT period MOS producing "course." I could go on, but you should get the drift. Our readiness was poor when 9/11 hit.

It sucked monkey balls. I've posted about it before, but our equipment was 2 generations behind the AD guys, money for training didn't exist, by the late 90's we couldn't even send our reclass soldiers to the AD schools, so we lost them for 18-24 months to a weekend and AT period MOS producing "course." I could go on, but you should get the drift. Our readiness was poor when 9/11 hit.
Wow...do you think it will be that bad this time around?

Thank you for the quick reply, btw.

It was Europe who asked for help in Libya, don't forget that my friend.

Hey SOWT.... do you wanna make me laugh?... Libya?? LMAO.... Libya is not Europe... it's only Oil.... 70 years ago was Europe cause was Italian.... Gaddaffy duck was your enemy.... not ours...

This is what happens when you combine corporate America controlling the govt basically mixed with political ass covering and politicians who can't look past their next election and not see the long term picture in things. Thank God though high tech weapon systems aren't gonna get cut only troops! God knows those F22's have seen plenty of action the last few years.

Europe does not need to be defended by you ... rather it was you who ask to Europe for help for Iraq and A'stan after 9 / 11....

If another large scale conflict was to happen in Europe, which affected the whole continent, you can bet your bottom bollocks that Europe would be screaming for the US.

How many European countries benefit from a strong military relationship with the US? How many have benefitted from recieving equipment from the US? At recieving training from US personnel?

Europe may not be entirely dependant on the US for it's defence, however, the US and it's military is a major factor in Europe's defence.

As for A'Stan, it's my belief that regardless of support, the US was going in there to clean house and even on it's own, would've done the job. It just so happened that they had a mandate fully approved by European countries... Usually, if you support a major military attack politically, it's just plain good manners to support it militarily too.

I knew it... but you did not answer me... to defend from what? Terrorism? Communism? AQ? What?
I often thought to protect you from yourselves. If you want to demonize America that is OK with me because you have done more to hurt Europe by taking on the Euro than the US could do in a millenium. After the cold war was over it was interesting to find that target codes for Russian missiles were not just US locations. Take a minute and look at a 30 mega ton contamination radius for a dirty in ground explosion in Europe lets say America may have kept the communists from using that bomb. Just a thought. I for one welcome us coming home from Europe take a look at the money infused in the European economy military pay checks and the purchase of products and food.

http://www.mapsofworld.com/thematic-maps/world-oil-production-map.html Arrow down on the page and look at the production of oil in barrels. The US exported refined Gasoline and Diesel last year 2011.
Our government officials have not learned technology does not replace warriors.
Bill

Europe does not need to be defended by you ... rather it was you who ask to Europe for help for Iraq and A'stan after 9 / 11....
All I'm going to say is that it wasn't just Americans who were killed in those towers, that Pennsylvania field, and the Pentagon.

Hey SOWT.... do you wanna make me laugh?... Libya?? LMAO.... Libya is not Europe... it's only Oil.... 70 years ago was Europe cause was Italian.... Gaddaffy duck was your enemy.... not ours...
Iraq and Afghanistan are not Europe or America either.
We went to Libya because YOUR politicians asked, it's been a two-way street for a long time.

You can go back and forth with all that politics and history forever, hell you go back far enough and you can blame a germ for your woes and troubles. It all goes out the window when the bullets fly, sadly it falls to the warrior class to take the brunt while politicians sit back. Then again at least we happy few can hold our heads high with our honor intact.

Back