Hawaii Fires

I’m sure this conversation won’t veer into crazy town.
I’m sure that there isn’t enough evidence to allow it to go there.

Cause when the local government turns off the water to the fire hydrants (except for celebrities that employed private fire fighters and private security to protect their land) and doesn’t allow press or the citizens to access their homes and puts up privacy fences to the affected area, that’s definitely not suspicious.

Wildfires happen all the time, @TLDR20 . So hot that it melts aluminum on cars, because the fires spread so fast that it burned people alive in their cars (because of the police roadblocks they didn’t let them leave). In humid, tropical climates. With thousands missing, still.

… Patiently waiting for someone to post a seriously intended video of lasers from the sky starting the fires in Hawaii so I can lock this.

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

There is massive evidence of cars being burned while trees are still green, in Cali, in everywhere there are wildfires. There are massive amounts of woodland firefighters describing how everything that happened is not remarkable.

I was surprised that an island build on a volcano had poor fire fighting resources, but I’ve watched fires burn to the ocean in a matter of days my whole life in Southern California, and I don’t think the AF started those with lasers.

… Patiently waiting for someone to post a seriously intended video of lasers from the sky starting the fires in Hawaii so I can lock this.

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Don't recall mentioning anything about how the fires were started. My questions are about what will happen to the people and their land in the aftermath. That said, there are other questions via @amlove21 and a lot of other people. But if you are so enlightened, by all means lock the thread.

True, but its prime land and I'm sure they won't get as much as its worth. Islanders usually don't want to displace their land either.
I swear I read somewhere that Oprah was buying up quite a bit of the land; same with big companies….all with the hopes of getting ‘natives’ off the land so that ‘bis busineess’ could build more hotels/condos on the land. That is something I completely believe to be plausible.

I swear I read somewhere that Oprah was buying up quite a bit of the land; same with big companies….all with the hopes of getting ‘natives’ off the land so that ‘bis busineess’ could build more hotels/condos on the land. That is something I completely believe to be plausible.

Capitalism

I was in West Maui back in 2016. When we were taking the hotel shuttle from Kahului Airport to our hotel in Kaanapali we saw the remains of a terrible "wild fire". There was literally scorched earth for miles and several windmills damaged. Our driver told us about the goofball that started the fire. He was pissed off that his wife had taken his credit car from him so he set the hillside on fire. There was so much destruction (nothing like what has happened to Lahaina) but the power supply from those windmills was disrupted to Lanai. People were so mad at that guy that the local jail in Lahaina was not considered secure and they had to take him over to Oahu. They said the local people wanted to beat the shit out of him due to loss of their homes on the hills behind Lahaina. So many places I went to in Lahaina are completely gone. Even the Atlantis Submarine we went on is gone. Cheeseburger in Paradise across from Fleetwoods, gone. We hung out there a couple of times. In our experience you dont know a stranger in West Maui. We made friends there and still keep in touch with them. Google Joey Macadangdang. (yes real name) He is a restaurant owner and now local hero for his efforts to feed people after the tragedy in Lahaina.

Some of the people could get very weathy, very quick and I agree it may be best to sell now and that it should be their decision. I'm not up on any particulars, but something imminent domain-ish by the state would be shit. Some Islanders are tribal-like and care about family and their lands more than money. Some of the scorched land was even considered sacred. The governor mentioned buying the land to protect people from predatory land grabbers. Sounds a lot like "we are from the government and we are here to help" to me.

Back