Hawaii Fires

… Patiently waiting for someone to post a seriously intended video of lasers from the sky starting the fires in Hawaii so I can lock this.

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU
Yup- and in 2020, we would have locked a thread on COVID that implied it was an engineered virus, from a lab.

Guess we will just wait a couple months, eh?

(Everyone, cool your jets. I’m calling out hypocrisy and not attacking anyone or anything. Just pointing out some things we all should have learned in the last 3 years.)

In addition, the last 3 years have proven us conspiracy theorists, correct, 98 percent of the time, this won't be different.
Actually it’s more like 97 percent, but who’s counting?

Look guys, I’m a lonely mod on a board that once claimed 5 admins and an equal number of moderators patrolling these pages and bouncing ideas and situations off of each other - at this point I don’t know what’s tinfoil versus what’s plausible anymore. The days of locking threads over an opinion are mostly done.

With an upcoming election, threads like this, and who knows what next, I just ask everyone to be cool, respectful and pretend to get along. If you are really pissed at someone, take it to PM so the rest of us don’t have to read it…and I don’t have to moderate it.

To quote from one of my favorite movies:

Actually it’s more like 97 percent, but who’s counting?

Look guys, I’m a lonely mod on a board that once claimed 5 admins and an equal number of moderators patrolling these pages and bouncing ideas and situations off of each other - at this point I don’t know what’s tinfoil versus what’s plausible anymore. The days of locking threads over an opinion are mostly done.

With an upcoming election, threads like this, and who knows what next, I just ask everyone to be cool, respectful and pretend to get along. If you are really pissed at someone, take it to PM so the rest of us don’t have to read it…and I don’t have to moderate it.

To quote from one of my favorite movies:

Brother, for the record here, you have an impossible job and you’re the only person qualified.

I said what I said. @TLDR20 hit me in the DMs for your much needed back pedaling retraction. I won’t make you do it in public, although you didn’t afford me that benefit.

In the spirit of moving on…

The intent of the OP’s original post was to discuss the Joe Rogan clip that he posted. The thread went off track a bit and that’s partially my fault for trying to inject some humor; In other forums I participate in, this Hawaii fire has turned into a bunch of conspiracy talk.

Out of respect for @Topkick , let’s please keep conversations in this thread to that point. If someone wants to post a different Hawaii thread claiming aliens, lasers, or anything else, knock yourself out!

Here is his video again, starting fresh…

Yeah cause I didn’t say space lasers. Watch your tone, and mind your manners, young man. You’ve outrun your headlights.
I’ll take my lumps, I am sorry that I was condescending.

There are a lot of people who now think that these fires were started by lasers from the sky. That is dumb. I am glad that you are not one of them.

I will admit that when I see certain arguments that I have only seen from these “space laser” videos, I made an inference which was inappropriate. Again I apologize. I thought the worst instead of taking you at your words. That is something I need to work on.

In the spirit of moving on…

Here is his video again, starting fresh…

I lived in Hawaii for two years. We lived on Oahu, near Pear Harbor, inside the sloping footprint of an extinct volcano.

One of the things I noticed immediately was how dry the brush was. I was expecting lush tropical rain forest (and in two weeks or so, it was) but remember thinking "wow this whole mountainside is a tinderbox."

I can see how people might think that some type of laser caused the fire. There was news not long ago about China showering Hawaii with lasers. And yes, you can start fires with lasers. And yes, China (and many others) wish us ill.

But my initial impression is that it's more a practice of neglect, malfeasance, corruption, and standard seasonal conditions that did this one.

I think I mentioned before on the site that Hawaii is the most corrupt and rent-seeking place I've ever lived in the US. I don't think the fire needed space lasers to do what it did.

...but I'm also not ruling it out. Yet.

Sometimes "bad shit happens" is just that. Sometimes a mass shooter doesn't have an agenda, they are just plain-ass crazy. Sometimes the answers are just simple. Occam and all that.

The problem is, the last few years have led many to distrust... well, everything and everyone; especially the media and government because how many lies were we fed?

I'm of the opinion the fires weren't part of a big government or secret society plan. The aftermath though? Occam can warm up in the bullpen, but I'm not sending him to the mound just yet.

Sometimes "bad shit happens" is just that. Sometimes a mass shooter doesn't have an agenda, they are just plain-ass crazy. Sometimes the answers are just simple. Occam and all that.

The problem is, the last few years have led many to distrust... well, everything and everyone; especially the media and government because how many lies were we fed?

I'm of the opinion the fires weren't part of a big government or secret society plan. The aftermath though? Occam can warm up in the bullpen, but I'm not sending him to the mound just yet.
And this is where I’m at.

There are too many very sane, very logical questions here that have been ignored.

How about- accountability (in the military sense). How the fuck do we still have hundreds (thousands?) unaccounted for?

How about- why aren’t press allowed in? Why are drones not allowed to overfly the area?

How about- the SEVERAL videos showing law enforcement denying access, turning off donation locations?

Did this happen in Katrina? What other natural disaster can you point to in order to show me some sort of TTP that was developed where these actions are ‘best practice’?

I can say with 100% accuracy; there were reporters from every paper from local to national on every story coming out of Katrina. And now, there are people with guns putting up fences denying access to ground zero.

Back