Hello from Canukistan

Hey guys my name is Liam I'm a student at some school in some farm field in some southern place of Ontario province. I enjoy long walks on the... well not really, I enjoy drawing sort of a nerd when it comes to things and when I'm done schooling I want to be a CF Medical Tech preferably Infantry.

Thanks for the welcome guys. =P

uh... O_o Just sose ya knowz... I'm in a good mood this morning, so I won't be terribly sarcastic, snarky, or snide. (hmmm, nice alliteration, I like that!) This is probably one of the very few military forums in existence that treats women with respect, dignity and maturity. That being said, we, and I do mean the guys also, tend to be a bit touchy about it, so just remember that, would ya? ;)

ETA - you got my curious on... lurrrve the av, where'd the name come from?

LL

This is probably one of the very few military forums in existence that treats women with respect, dignity and maturity.

Although we are diligenty working to rectify this problem as it has led to us being infiltrated by a witch, a drunk feline, and a plethora of other undesirables of the female variety. :D :D

Although we are diligenty working to rectify this problem as it has led to us being infiltrated by a witch, a drunk feline, and a plethora of other undesirables of the female variety. :D :D

Shhh. You.

<See avatar for correct finger placement!

LL

Thanks for the warm welcome, only if I had some bacon. :D
Just wondering are there any Canadian Medical Techs on the forum? I know the education requirements you need to get into the program but the page about it doesn't go into great detail about the physical/educational training/conditioning.

Thanks for the warm welcome, only if I had some bacon. :D
Just wondering are there any Canadian Medical Techs on the forum? I know the education requirements you need to get into the program but the page about it doesn't go into great detail about the physical/educational training/conditioning.

From a veteran - be in the absolute best physical shape you can. Minimums are for losers and the dead. I hope you are a backpacker... medics carry heavy rucksacks, I know this from experience.

any of our Cnadian Contingent want to chime in?

x Sf med: So I should get used to running/walking around with a heavy ruck? Not many books on SF Medics nor the normal medic for me to draw up a decent PT chart.

Welcome aboard.

Note that Doc Troll said rucksacks, plural. You will hump a normal ruck and a medical pack of some sort. And no matter what you're carrying you have to keep up with your infantrymen.

Back