Hello from Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVE

Unverified
Hi folks,
Just saying hello to you all...I'm now retired from the UK military which was with, UK Parachute Regiment/Airborne Forces....Live in St Andrews, Fife (home of golf!! although i dont play the game !!!:p

kind regards,
Dave

Welcome!

I lived in Machrihanish for about 5 months. I've never been so cold or wet in my life!

G'day. J.B. Shaw reckoned that golf was a good walk spoiled anyway.

Welcome Dave,

Which Bn were you with in the meat and veg?

Welcome.

Worked on a golf course in HS; golf sucks.

Hi folks,
Thank you for the warm welcomes, yes Ex3, the west coast can be a bit wild!!! Jumped from Chinook/Herc few years ago over near to Machrihanish. Pardus, I started with 15 Para (v) Territorial Army, then went to 1 PARA, and finished off with 4 Para.........Miss it though......

regards,
Dave

Hi folks,
Thank you for the warm welcomes, yes Ex3, the west coast can be a bit wild!!! Jumped from Chinook/Herc few years ago over near to Machrihanish. Pardus, I started with 15 Para (v) Territorial Army, then went to 1 PARA, and finished off with 4 Para.........Miss it though......

regards,
Dave

Nice, I had a mate in my section back home who was in 2 Para, I went to a drill night with 10 Para many moons ago while I was backpacking.
Great regiment, best Infantry in the world IMO.

Yes, i had a few mates in 10 Para, (white city) sadly the Battalion went in 1999, and lives now as 10 Coy 4 Para, we lost 15 Para in 1993. 4 PARA are the onlt TA Para unit outwith SF Reserve/etc....

Dave

I went to the Chelsea barracks, that was back in '94.

You still have 21/23 SAS in the TA? and SAS Reserve?

Hi folks,
Thank you for the warm welcomes, yes Ex3, the west coast can be a bit wild!!! Jumped from Chinook/Herc few years ago over near to Machrihanish.

I'll bet $20 bucks it was gusting over 40mph when you jumped! It felt like we were living in a wind tunnel there.

On the positive side, I developed a taste for Single Malt while living there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back