House speaker vote

I’d never heard of the guy until a few days ago, know nothing about him, and care even less. If your peers, after 13 votes, still don’t view you as a leader then that speaks volumes. The GOP, by not stepping in and telling this guy to stop, speaks volumes. It is embarrassing to me as a Republican and an American to watch this play out.

I’ll bet a dollar he knew going into the first vote that he didn’t have enough votes. Another dollar says the party knew this and still he went out there.

Where is the party leadership or have we become some pro-Trump, anti-Trump divided house incapable of leadership within our own party? If we can’t lead our party and unite as one, we can’t tell the American people we’re worthy to lead them.

Part of the problem here is Trump is effectively the leader of the party...if he tells Gaetz to shut his pie hole and get in line, Gaetz will do that.

Eh, the Congress Nancy ran helped ruin our country, did you look at the Omnibus bill monstrosity? Gaetz is annoying for sure and I hope he resigns so Desantis can appoint someone competent. But he has brought to light a bunch of stupid shit the Ds have done at times.

Ok I''ll give you that Gaetz is annoying. Curious why you think he's incompetent? His constituents apparently think he's doing a good job. He won nearly 68% percent of the votes in his district.

Part of the problem here is Trump is effectively the leader of the party...if he tells Gaetz to shut his pie hole and get in line, Gaetz will do that.

I'm still on the Trump train for policy reasons but I respect that Gaetz is thinking for himself in this situation and see it as the right wing moving on. I'd vote for Trump again, but don't believe in dictators or following anyone blindly. I didn't agree with Trump on every issue and wouldn't want my rep to either.

That's the thing, they're not.

Trump's power is slipping a bit. Most of the party isn't willing to actively challenge him, but they also aren't falling in lockstep like they previously did.

Trump has put his support behind McCarthy and had reps like Gaetz actively push back on that.

Is anyone getting paid? They (FOX in this case) keep referring to everyone as a Rep-elect...does there need to be a speaker before they are sworn into office?

Is anyone getting paid? They (FOX in this case) keep referring to everyone as a Rep-elect...does there need to be a speaker before they are sworn into office?
My understanding is that one of the Speaker's responsibilities is to swear in the new crop of Reps. But I'm sure they're all getting paid. Worst case, back pay.

Can someone list for me the actual concessions McCarthy had to make? All the main sources on the google are left wing blue anon rags.
There are a lot, actually. I will try and find a consolidated list, but stuff like 72 hour periods before votes, more in person (and less absentee) voting and debates, I think the single member call to replace speaker made it?

FTR, this isn’t chaos IMO. It’s a party that wants real change from its leadership and using leverage to get it. Blindly voting for your ‘selected leader’ (“doesn’t matter who if blue”) isn’t representing your constituents.

You want my vote? I need change from my leader.

It's always about power or money. Either someone got some nice big budget pork for their districts, or a plum committee assignment. Or both.
Speaking of, I got a rather long email back from my congress criminal telling my he was proud of voting for the criminal piece of legislation that was that omnibus bill. He's a Democrat so I expected nothing less. But it was like a 2,000 word response. Which is trash, I said don't vote for this because I know you haven't read it and what I have read is full of pork and trash.

Back