Status
Not open for further replies.

jstone37fox

Unverified
Hey guys,

Im jstone and I have completed all the preliminary qualifications for 37F (PSYOPS) and am awaiting a ship date. I scored a 100 on the DLAB, a 90 on the ASVAB, and just graduated with my bachelors degree which should put me at an E-4 at basic.
The interest for joining this community is twofold: I am seeking more information on the 37F/18X pipeline and program since I can’t really trust my recruiter to know, or even tell me the truth. Not that my recruiter is a liar, but he has a job to do and it involves getting people to join the army, so I take his promises with a grain of salt.
Second, I want to spend more time near people who are more like minded. I like being, and being around, highly motivated, disciplined, and intelligent people, and from what I’ve found, SOF is the best place to find such people.
If anyone has recently graduated from PSYOPS through the 18X program, I would really appreciate your time to confirm what my journey will look like. I want to be prepared for selection and I have found a lot of conflicting information about what happens. Some say basic, tech school, Airborne, selection. Some say basic, tech school, assigned to your unit, airborne, selection. If you happen to know what the process looks like, I would greatly appreciate your insight!

Hey there. Good luck! Been in that biz myself for almost 17yrs. Loved every minute of it. Done right, it’s one of the most dynamic professions you can find. Done wrong, it’s all leaflets and loudspeakers. When you finish the pipeline, keep learning. Don’t let them squash your curiosity.

Hey there. Good luck! Been in that biz myself for almost 17yrs. Loved every minute of it. Done right, it’s one of the most dynamic professions you can find. Done wrong, it’s all leaflets and loudspeakers. When you finish the pipeline, keep learning. Don’t let them squash your curiosity.

Until you are vetted, please refrain from comments like the above.

@jstone37fox -

per site rules, please request a new screen name until such a time that you can actually be vetted as a 37F.

You would complete this above in the “help” area.

@jstone37fox -

per site rules, please request a new screen name until such a time that you can actually be vetted as a 37F.

You would complete this above in the “help” area.
I guess I’m confused. What does my screen name have to do with being a 37F? And I’m a 37A, btw. Dude. I just got here today. How bout we wait for the lynching until I get back to the office mañana?

I guess I’m confused. What does my screen name have to do with being a 37F? And I’m a 37A, btw. Dude. I just got here today. How bout we wait for the lynching until I get back to the office mañana?
Yes “dude”, you are confused. I did not tag you in this thread, it had nothing to do with you.

You need to be vetted as a member of the MOS you purport to be a part of before giving advice or anecdotes regarding said MOS. It is standard policy of this board.

I welcome you to get get vetted and you will be encouraged to to supply insight and advice.

Thread has drifted from the welcomes.

Locked--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back