How Navy SEAL "Matt Bissonnette" Won the Bin Laden Book Competition

AWP

SOF Support
Against my better judgement I'm starting this thread....

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/poli...onnette-won-bin-laden-book-competition/57965/

Bowden, a national correspondent at The Atlantic, had been trying to get an interview with Bissonnette for months, but had no idea Bissonnette was planning on writing a book of his own. In a move that looks a little sneaky, Bissonnette inquired into the release date of Bowden's book while keeping his publishing plans a secret, according to a Q&A published by The Daily Beast this morning

It seems like once UBL was killed everyone with "special friends" began writing a book.

Sean Naylor, paging Sean Naylor...you're late, beyotch!

I'm at a loss...
I keep staring at the page and reading the article hoping something will click and it will make sense. No such luck yet.

Wouldn't mind giving Bowden's book a look at, he's a good author and a pretty good journalist who get's down to the facts.

For those who have both read the book and seen the movie, I thought the raid sequence of the movie was almost exactly as described in the book. Not reading into it too much, but sure is interesting.

Overall, I thought the movie was entertaining. The torture scenes don't paint us in the best light, but I don't think it detracted from the movie too much. Being a civie, I can't really comment on the accuracy of how everything went down, but it sure was fun to watch. I'm guessing "Hollywood" took some liberties in the storytelling, but just from what I've read, they seemed to have quite a bit of inside information. Sure to be controversial, but I think people need to see it for what it is; something to entertain us for a few hours and not much more.

Overall, I thought the movie was entertaining. The torture scenes don't paint us in the best light, but I don't think it detracted from the movie too much. Being a civie, I can't really comment on the accuracy of how everything went down, but it sure was fun to watch. I'm guessing "Hollywood" took some liberties in the storytelling, but just from what I've read, they seemed to have quite a bit of inside information. Sure to be controversial, but I think people need to see it for what it is; something to entertain us for a few hours and not much more.

I'm pretty sure that shit happened in the 2002 - 2004 time frame anyway.

Very entertaining, but also anxiety inducing. I am good with dates - and knew exactly what was coming during those "scenes".

Back