Hurricane Irma...

Models keep pushing this storm further west. Which is good for I live, not so good for the Gulf States. Which really stinks, I have a lot of family in Biloxi, Gulfport, Long Beach, and Waveland Mississippi. And I know a lot of you guys are down that way too.

upload_2017-9-4_21-18-12.png

While I have no worries of hurricanes here in Minnesota, I do have to tangle with the occasional multi-day thunderstorm related power outage or winter blizzard.

I have always had an acceptable stock of water/food <stored> in the house, but today I added to the water supply just in case. Tomorrow I am going to add a few extra gallons of fuel for the generator.

Seeing how some act in times of trouble, it just makes sense.

This model really concerns me. Storms tend to curve north, so that one passing so close to the keys means it could cut up and hit FL. Bonus points: I live in Orlando and start vacation next Tuesday.
Most of the models agreeing is a bad sign for you guys.
Strong Hi is keeping it south for now, but will also allow it to crawl up your coast.
Strong (very early) cold front going through TX in the next 24-48 hrs would also tend to move things away from us, we have to see if the front hangs around after passing or weakens.

Back