Intro

Beerbornemedic

Unverified
Hey y'all, Im new to the board. I've been a medic for 7 years, currently a SSG, 6 years with 4/25 ABN in Ak. Branch saw fit to stick me in the hospital.... always thought about going to SFAS, just trying to soak up info while I start my packet.

BBM... do not scorn your Hospital time if you want to become an 18D... because...

from ask.com:
The special operations medical sergeant employs conventional and unconventional warfare tactics and techniques in providing medical care and treatment.

Duties performed by Soldiers in this MOS include:

Performs and maintains proficiency in all Major Duties- Ensures detachment medical preparation and maintains medical equipment and supplies, provides examination and care to detachment members and establishes temporary, fixed and unconventional warfare medical facilities to support operations with emergency, routine, and long term medical care. Provides initial medical screening and evaluation of allied and indigenous personnel. Manages detachment, allied, or indigenous patient's, administration, admission and discharge, care, laboratory and pharmacological requirements and the initiation, maintenance and transfer of records. Orders, stores, catalogs, safeguards and distributes medical supplies, equipment and pharmaceutical. Supervises medical care and treatment during split detachment missions. Operates a combat laboratory and treats emergency and trauma patients in accordance with established surgical principles. Diagnoses and treats various medical dermatological, pediatric, infectious and obstetric conditions using appropriate medications, intravenous fluid support and physical measures. Develops and provides medical intelligence as required.

But the above leaves out setting up and training the staff for local hospitals/clinics...

Back