INTRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedlaw

Unverified
Hello Everyone,

I'm a 29 year-old Fed. and soon-to-be lawyer planning on enlisting and taking my shot at the SF pipeline via an 18x/Rep-63 contract. I'm in the process of deciding between NG or AD, but am leaning towards NG thanks to the advice and guidance bestowed on me from those quiet professionals over at professionalsoldiers.com and another forum.

Great to be here.

Umm, soon to be lawyer & looking at going SF?

Can't make up your mind?

What does 'Fed' mean??

I think he means that he is a federal law enforcement officer who is currently attending law school but is not satisfied with the direction he is traveling. In order to make up for his shortcomings, he is going to make a meager attempt at SF, via the National Guard, so if and when he fails, he has a way out.

I think he means that he is a federal law enforcement officer who is currently attending law school but is not satisfied with the direction he is traveling. In order to make up for his shortcomings, he is going to make a meager attempt at SF, via the National Guard, so if and when he fails, he has a way out.

Concise, direct and honest.

Rusty is our official "welcome wagon"!:p

Welcome to SS!

Wow, I'm amazed at the negative comments here. Folks over on professionalsoldiers.com seemed much more supportive of my choices.

I'm a Fed. who went to law school planning on practicing law after graduating. I have a great job, but I decided I'd rather continue to serve my country. I considered going to OCS, but at my age, this could be my last shot at SF. I wasn't aware that this was a negative aspiration.....

Nothing I've done in my life has been done half-cocked, but thanks for the support. I also didn't realize that not wanting to practice law just yet was a shortcoming.....

I considered AD, but most mentors that have messaged me seem to think it's not the way to go at my age. Further, by going the NG route I can continue to serve in my current capacity, which is open for deployment overseas. I look at it as the best of both worlds, as do many others in the NG.

Good day.

Don't sweat the comments.......you'll need thick skin where you're headed.

NG isn't a bad way to make the attempt. You'll find lots of support here.

Some of the hardest mofos serving overseas are currently NG.

my callsign 'over there' is razor_baghdad.

Welcome!!

Lay off you boners. I may need a lawyer soon!!

Fair enough. I've got thick skin since I'm surrounded by sharks. I've just learned that if you aren't a BTDT you have to watch what you say on these boards so I'm trying to tread lightly while still defending myself.

Thanks for having me.

Fair enough. I've got thick skin since I'm surrounded by sharks. I've just learned that if you aren't a BTDT you have to watch what you say on these boards so I'm trying to tread lightly while still defending myself.

Thanks for having me.

We operate on the 'SHOW ME' mentality around here........25 m target is Basic Training/AIT, Airborne, then whatever you can get written into your contract after that.......

NG is the fastest track to some of the cooler shooter schools, but you still gotta pass the 'SHOW ME' phase.....

Point taken. Thanks.

I'm waiting on hearing back from srecruiter from the 19th and 20th groups, but my understanding is they just got back from deployment so I'm remaining patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back