Introduction from a SoF hopeful

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFASpassed

Unverified
I am 25 years old, and I didn't consider the military as an option in my life until about 2 years ago. I had just finished my degree in astrophysics at CU-Boulder, and I was not loving math anymore. I got a good internship at Boeing (CU has a top 5 nationwide physics program, but the rest of the students are all high, rolling, drunk and coked out. Probly cuz they are all rich, the literal average net worth of a CU student's parents is over 3.5 million dollars).

I caught back up with a buddy who went into the Army and joined the Rangers. He suggested ArmySOC or some related SOCOM unit. Well, I researched SOC units and decided that Army SF was the best fit for me. I started working out 5x/wk using books like The Ultimate SEAL's Workout Guide by that dude who was a former SEAL and writes fitness articles now. I did pushups and situps daily, then added in Arnold's mass building workout and some MARSOC and SFAS prep exercises, i.e. star jumps, supermans, wide>narrow>normal>oppo wrist pullups, etc...

Well, after 15 months of training, I was 186 lbs, all muscle, and I had scored a 128 GT, 125 ST 112 CO and 98 DLAB, so it was time for A and S. I never considered quitting an option, and I was perplexed when men more in shape than I quit. I passed with 33 of the original 114 guys. Wimps haha im kidding. But I can't wait to learn breaching, marksmansip, comms, etc... that is coming up in SFQC. Thanks for creating this wealth of information online gentlemen.

Welcome aboard and the best of fortune to you!

Welcome aboard and the best of fortune to you!
Thank you. I think that 25-26 are great ages for joining SF, at least according to the JFK Spec Warfare school. I think like 80% of 24 year olds get cut or quit, but between 25 and 27 your odds of expulsion decrease to a mere 45%. Then again, most of the guys who I made it through with were 29-33.

I think we've seen you before.

If you've passed SFAS you need to prove that or get a new screen name.

I think we've seen you before.

If you've passed SFAS you need to prove that or get a new screen name.
Fair enough on the screen name. I'm not about to say who I am, though, because I have heard of examples of men being elated that they started down the right path, then they say something stupid whether happenstance or not, and suddenly a poster on a website knows member of the cadre and that guy is tortured physically until he quits. If you are uncomfortable with the SFAS portion of my name, I can change it.

Fair enough on the screen name. I'm not about to say who I am, though, because I have heard of examples of men being elated that they started down the right path, then they say something stupid whether happenstance or not, and suddenly a poster on a website knows member of the cadre and that guy is tortured physically until he quits. If you are uncomfortable with the SFAS portion of my name, I can change it.
However, I didn't know about this site until just a few days ago. Present me with proof of an IP, cookies, user agent or ISP and I will concede, because I know it wasn't me

Last edited by a moderator:
However, I didn't know about this site until just a few days ago. Present me with proof of an IP, cookies, user agent or ISP and I will concede, because I know it wasn't me

LOL....

I don't have to prove anything to you, so cookies and IP addys and whatnot....not happening. I will say for the benefit of those reading (I doubt you'll admit to anything) that your posts and information are eerily similar or identical to those made by two previously banned members. Your behavior fits a pattern, so you must be one unfortunate SOB to have a previously banned member (we know it was the same guy) act like you 6+ months before you joined.

LOL....

I don't have to prove anything to you, so cookies and IP addys and whatnot....not happening. I will say for the benefit of those reading (I doubt you'll admit to anything) that your posts and information are eerily similar or identical to those made by two previously banned members. Your behavior fits a pattern, so you must be one unfortunate SOB to have a previously banned member (we know it was the same guy) act like you 6+ months before you joined.

With exactly the same education, work history, and location too... that is passingly odd, don't you think?

One more thing- ill be pretty upset if I make it all the way and I find out my ODA is a diving team. PLEASE, let us be HALO freefall combat or eventually the DA ODA for the group!

Get vetted, now.

I think you are full of shit. I don't think you went to SFAS. You certainly don't seem to know a lot about SF, and do not speak like someone who has been.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 25 years old, and I didn't consider the military as an option in my life until about 2 years ago. I had just finished my degree in astrophysics at CU-Boulder, and I was not loving math anymore. I got a good internship at Boeing (CU has a top 5 nationwide physics program, but the rest of the students are all high, rolling, drunk and coked out. Probly cuz they are all rich, the literal average net worth of a CU student's parents is over 3.5 million dollars).

I caught back up with a buddy who went into the Army and joined the Rangers. He suggested ArmySOC or some related SOCOM unit. Well, I researched SOC units and decided that Army SF was the best fit for me. I started working out 5x/wk using books like The Ultimate SEAL's Workout Guide by that dude who was a former SEAL and writes fitness articles now. I did pushups and situps daily, then added in Arnold's mass building workout and some MARSOC and SFAS prep exercises, i.e. star jumps, supermans, wide>narrow>normal>oppo wrist pullups, etc...

Well, after 15 months of training, I was 186 lbs, all muscle, and I had scored a 128 GT, 125 ST 112 CO and 98 DLAB, so it was time for A and S. I never considered quitting an option, and I was perplexed when men more in shape than I quit. I passed with 33 of the original 114 guys. Wimps haha im kidding. But I can't wait to learn breaching, marksmansip, comms, etc... that is coming up in SFQC. Thanks for creating this wealth of information online gentlemen.

Your intro is noted. You have an awful lot to say for someone who has completed SFAS, most are rather quiet and a lot more introverted than you are. The proof is in your vetting. If you can not/will not vet as Verified SOF, we can't really take you with any degree of seriousness.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site, for now. You're off to a great start. :thumbsup:

I still can't figure out how you graduate with a degree in astrophysics and then not even crack 130 on GT or ST.

I still can't figure out how you graduate with a degree in astrophysics and then not even crack 130 on GT or ST.

It's all water under a bridge or two now, but liars have to work pretty hard to get everything straight. It reminds me that one can be anything he/she wants to be on the internet; for a while. Then there is that Abe Lincoln quote.

It's all water under a bridge or two now, but liars have to work pretty hard to get everything straight. It reminds me that one can be anything he/she wants to be on the internet; for a while. Then there is that Abe Lincoln quote.

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar." ?

Live in Chicago or L.A. for a while.

Some folks there must have the best memories known to mankind. O_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back