Introduction

YoungMilo

Unverified
hello my name is myles. im going to be 18 years of age on Thursday. i signed for the navy on July 1st, 2013. i have a corpsman contract and leave for boot on July 9th, 2014. i guess i wanted to be a corpsman because i want to help people. hopefully i like it so much i'll run through a hail of gunfire to save someone, but those reflexes will be tested on the battlefield. i originally wanted to be a marine but then got into medical stuff after a torn ACL in wrestling practice. i found out marines don't have combat medics so i took the next best thing. Navy corpsman. i also found out about the special amphibious reconnaissance corpsman. i looked around for stuff on at and really couldn't find anything besides the training pipeline. im really interested in becoming one. which also brought me to this site. i was looking around for physical requirements and things like that seeing as my recruiters don't know/ haven't ever heard of SARC. by the way sorry for not posting this before the other thread post. the mandatory introduction was probably something i overlooked. but thanks for having me in the community and hopefully i can do the same once i get into the suck and help newcomers like i am now.

Do you know by chance what the difference between I.D.C. and S.A.R.C? Like i said above my recruiters don't know about the different kinds of corpsman you can be. Also I hope i didn't give too bad of an impression, I don't want anyone to think i'm uneducated.

Welcome.

Having said that, if you want to make it in a specialized community you need to stop looking over things, regardless of how meaningless it seems at the time.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Welcome to the site, congratulations on your decision to serve. Please keep us posted as your career progresses.

Thanks too for self-correcting on the communication front. It may seem silly to you, but how you represent yourself in public is important- every time, all the time. This is even true when you're in what you might think of as the consequence-free Internet.

There's a wealth of knowledge on this website. You just have to be willing to put in the leg work to find it on your own.

Nothing is given, and everything is earned.

Good luck on your endeavors. Welcome to SS.

Back