Introduction

DrkEgl

Seabee
Verified Military
Hello All,

I am currently a Seabee: Construction Mechanic, 2nd Class Petty Officer in the U.S. Navy Reserves. In my civillian employment, I am a Communications Supervisor for a city police and fire department, additionally serving as the Incident Dispatch Team Leader in support of SWAT (we call it TRT: tactical response team) and large-scale fire department operations. I'm here to learn from others and to provide whatever feedback, etc may be helpful. I am planning on trying for SWCC on the Navy side of things, so I'm interested in special operations from that angle as well.

Thanks,
CM2

Welcome to the site. After seven deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan, I'm a huge fan of SeaBees. All I ever heard from them was how they "could" fix a problem or build us something we needed, never how they "could not."

I would enjoy building a bar, but I would like to drink at it even more. Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm also glad to hear about Seabees keeping the "can do" real.

We were forced to use local contractors to construct a building for us in Afghanistan. It was started before I got there, when I left six months later they had erected the walls
rolleyes.png
I heard four months after that the construction got condemned and it was torn down, before it was even completed. Freakin' SeaBees would have had that thing built to code and operational in 3 months...

Back