Is MSOAG an entry level MOS?

HardBodyLG

Unverified
I was at the recruiters yesterday and they told me foreign training adviser was an entry level MOS. I think it's total BS, but the correct information would help me a lot.
Thank you.

Just ask yourself this: Don't you think it'd be hard to teach something you don't already know?

It's a woman.:doh:
Assad I was wondering why she said it, I think they were trying to butter me up with promise of Recon/MARSOC.
Good thing I'm still joining the Army
Thanks for clearing that up.

Assad I was wondering why she said it, I think they were trying to butter me up with promise of Recon/MARSOC.

So you're joining the Army to train foreign forces??? Doesn't seem like a reason to join the Army. FID is just one mission for SF, assuming you're going on an 18X contract. Best of luck...

Why? Because the recruiter may have lied? Because you think you can't do foreign advisory missions in the Corps?

I don't understand from reading this post how you got to that conclusion.

Sorry for the confusion, I was always joining the Army. But my friend took me to the Marine recruiters the other day to try and convert me (to the Marines). The got me interested in counter intel because it sounded crazy, CI is not an entry level MOS so they told me about MARSOC which isn't an entry level MOS either, They told me I could be in MARSOC in the intel community initially, then I asked about MSOAG. They said I could get there initially too.

Again, I was always joining the Army because I have zero motivation to become a Marine. I'm not planning on doing advisory missions for a career, I was just asking about it.
Thank you.

Sorry for the confusion, I was always joining the Army. But my friend took me to the Marine recruiters the other day to try and convert me (to the Marines). The got me interested in counter intel because it sounded crazy, CI is not an entry level MOS so they told me about MARSOC which isn't an entry level MOS either, They told me I could be in MARSOC in the intel community initially, then I asked about MSOAG. They said I could get there initially too.

Again, I was always joining the Army because I have zero motivation to become a Marine. I'm not planning on doing advisory missions for a career, I was just asking about it.
Thank you.

Tracking now. Thanks.

OK, I'm not a jarhead, so I'm still confused. Your intent is to go Army CI or you were just looking at USMC CI? What exactly do you want to do in the Army?

It's not an MOS I've seen on the USMC index of MOS, but I have seen it listed as a secondary MOS (like Psy Ops NCO on a MEU) in older MOS indexes.

With that said, there are 1st term Marines in conventional units that have served on foreign training cadres. I believed they picked this up after the GWOT began and it's meant to be something similar to FID, but they aren't leading these troops into battle. One example of this would be in Mongolia, where Marines have had a relationship with the Mongolian military. I'm not sure of the status of the Marines who were working in Georgia prior to it's war with Russia, but they were not involved in advising or leading Georgian military personnel==and that's a good thing imho.

Thank you.

Unless it's just an issue of uniforms and location, you'll be surprised when many of the things that turn you off about being in the Marine Corps occur in the Army, or any other branch for that matter.

OK, I'm not a jarhead, so I'm still confused. Your intent is to go Army CI or you were just looking at USMC CI? What exactly do you want to do in the Army?

My intent is to enlist in the US Army with an 11x contract (if all the medical stuff works out) and hopefully go Airborne. I wasn't really interested (in the Marines) so this ex counter intel guy was telling me he was pretty much a secret agent working alone with Iraqis and Afghani's to take down the enemy
with a Special Ops team on stand by to save his butt.
That sounds high speed to me.

I'm not joining the Army because of uniforms and bases though, more about units and gear, tiny bit that Army training is easier, help me stand out more so.
I Crossfit/Endurance amongst others, main reason I feel like it'll be below my level.
Is that wrong to think that?

My intent is to enlist in the US Army with an 11x contract (if all the medical stuff works out) and hopefully go Airborne. I wasn't really interested (in the Marines) so this ex counter intel guy was telling me he was pretty much a secret agent working alone with Iraqis and Afghani's to take down the enemy

I'm not joining the Army because of uniforms and bases though, more about units and gear, tiny bit that Army training is easier, help me stand out more so.
I Crossfit/Endurance amongst others, main reason I feel like it'll be below my level.

Being an Airborne Grunt is a geat start. This "secret agent man" is blowing smoke up your ass. You can speak to many Intelligence Professionals here. They will, I'm sure, give you all the advice you need. In the end, PM me.

I agree with car - the undercover roadkill was defnitely having a barbeque directly below your skirt.

Nothing in the military (any branch) is below your level. A desire to "stand out" is nothing more than egotism - which, in combat makes you a target and keeps me safe. You will be a part of a team, you have to make cooperation and mentoring the things that make you stand out to your direct leadership - not just being a PT stud with a loud mouth, and being a know it all. STFU, listen, perform, guide those in your team/suad/platoon who need your help. Drop the ego, pick up the maturity. You will learn something every day you are in the military - usually from the unlikeliest of sources.

That's my .02

Yes, very wrong.

Do yourself a favor and not only never mention it again but change that attitude. It's fucked up and fucking insulting.
I probably joined the Military before you were born, I'll put money to say I'll ruck you into the ground and I don't crossfit blah blah. Why? If you don't know then STFU like I advised you to do earlier, and learn to be fucking quiet and humble until you reach the point where you can legitimately say "I'm a fucking stud!" and by that stage you'll realize that only a wanker would say it.

Hence the saying, Quiet Professional, got it?

Roger that sir, I just meant that in basic training I might stand out because today most recruits aren't physically prepared for basic. So with a background in physical fitness I may be more prepared than other recruits.
I usually do not go around bragging unless somebody else ask me, sorry that it came across as insulting.

Back