Is Putin officially Russia's Dictator for life?

I imagine our intel community has been asked to come in early and plan to stay late...

I read an article on NPR and reached out to a buddy who is a mid-level hind-teat sucker bureaucrat at the State Department, he texted "no one here knows exactly what's going on...."

Edited to ad, it's odd that it's on just about every news outlet except Fox....

“I don’t consider [the two consecutive term limit] a matter of principle, but I agree with it.”

...of course he doesn't agree with it. Maybe if parliament "asks" him to stay longer, he will oblige. Or maybe he will just become the next Prime Minister

I imagine our intel community has been asked to come in early and plan to stay late...

I read an article on NPR and reached out to a buddy who is a mid-level hind-teat sucker bureaucrat at the State Department, he texted "no one here knows exactly what's going on...."

Edited to ad, it's odd that it's on just about every news outlet except Fox....

It's on Fox too brother, in fact I read it there first.

Putin's prime minister submits resignation after Russian leader proposed Cabinet overhaul

Shit, Putin's still got 4 more years as President if I remember correctly...two decades!

I'm curious as to whether Russians see this as an issue. Weren't there some pretty large protests when he retook Presidency from Medvedev?

Shit, Putin's still got 4 more years as President if I remember correctly...two decades!

I'm curious as to whether Russians see this as an issue. Weren't there some pretty large protests when he retook Presidency from Medvedev?

Russians tend to love stability and strength at the top. And they look at the West as effete. Putin is extremely popular in Russia. I'm not talking about cosmopolitan intellectual Moscuvites. He represents a return to some of that fierce nationalistic pride of the Communist years. His popularity spiked after the invasion of Ukraine, some 80%. That's unheard of in a Western politician.

I have Russian friends who love the guy. And Russian women think he's macho and hot.

Last edited:
Russians tend to love stability and strength at the top. And they look at the West as effete. Putin is extremely popular in Russia. I'm not talking about cosmopolitan intellectual Moscuvites. He represents a return to some of that fierce nationalistic pride of the Communist years. His popularity spiked after the invasion of Ukraine, some 80%. That's unheard of in a Western politician.

I have Russian friends who love the guy. And Russian women think he's macho and hot.

"The Russian Trump". That is what I heard a Russian call him. I was like, "yeah, but no...." But I do get the sentiment.

Putin is the man. Even when his isn't "THE" man...he is still the man and gives the orders until he can work it out to once again be "THE" man. He is a living lesson in perseverance and "do as I say" or you may never be heard from again.

Officially the dictator? No. Practically? Yes.

I have Russian flatmates and they were saying his popularity is dropping reasonably quickly after all that.

Back