Israel and Iran

Man I am on the left and ans anti Hamas as anyone here. There is more than just a left and right split on this. I see a lot of folks on the right bitching about American involvement in this absolute shitshow.
Yeah but you're also thinking about normal people who lean liberal or progressive. Im talking about the political machine and the radicals.

Radicals on the right want to abolish minimum wage and abortion. Radicals on the left think we need re-education camps, and are willing to burn downtown.

Sure man. Overall that is like a couple thousand idiots. I guess you don’t frequent Instagram comment sections.

The vast majority of people left or right I think want this to end. I’m all for the Israelis doing what they feel is right. I do not think they are our friends though.

I mean, my instagram feed is pretty dark compared to my wife's but...I still got lots of puppies, hot chicks, hunting crap, and sports in my explorer.

The vast majority of people left or right I think want this to end. I’m all for the Israelis doing what they feel is right. I do not think they are our friends though.

They are our best friends, when it suits them (and vice versa). Otherwise they talk just about as much smack about America as the next country.

I dont think for a single second the Israelis have any type of control over us, or that they are dependent on that $3 billion a year in aid. We spend $900 mil. on neighboring Jordan, $1bill in Egypt etc. Are any of these other ME countries our friends??

Sell them arms, send the same cash we send all the other allies, and leave it at that. I have no problem with the jewish religion and think most Israelis are westernized people i could live around if I had to. Otherwise, its basically just another haji country we try to stabilize.

Man I am on the left and ans anti Hamas as anyone here. There is more than just a left and right split on this. I see a lot of folks on the right bitching about American involvement in this absolute shitshow.

I think our diatribes against the "Left"--probably all of them--are really aimed at the most radical factions. The problem is, those radical factions drive the agenda and compel the reasonable liberals to give in, to grease the squeakiest wheels of the Democratic party...even if those wheels are on the fringe.

Last edited:
You dont feel the Israelis are our friends? I mean theyre not Canada or Britain, but theyre about as friend as 2 countries could get.

Friends? Sort of. We can't forget the Liberty back in '67 and the Israelis have no issues taking our tech, making changes whether we allowed it or not, and then reselling or attempting to resell that tech. I don't know what to call our relationship as they are very opportunistic. Nations act in their own self-interest which I fully support. I think the difference between Israel and most other nations is Israel could give two shits about relations with other countries. I get it and don't fault them for that policy, but we have to acknowledge it exists.

I'd cheer if Israel bulldozed Gaza into the sea and they have every right to act in their own defense. Israel will ultimately do whatever it wants and I don't think we should view our relationship with them the same way we do with FVEY nations for example.

If Iran and Pakistan went to war, it would be like UNC Chapel Hill and UConn playing each other in basketball. If both could lose, America would win.
Losing country gets a massive regime change.
I read the thread the @Blizzard posted, supposedly Pakistan's Chinese supplied ABM system was a massive failure.

...I don't know what to call our relationship as they are very opportunistic. ... Israel could give two shits about relations with other countries...Israel will ultimately do whatever it wants and I don't think we should view our relationship with them the same way we do with FVEY nations for example.

That's why I say, just another "haji" country. Not saying that in pejorative racial terms, though it fits, but another group that thinks it is holy and has an ego way outside their own capability.

Friends? Sort of. We can't forget the Liberty back in '67 and the Israelis have no issues taking our tech, making changes whether we allowed it or not, and then reselling or attempting to resell that tech. I don't know what to call our relationship as they are very opportunistic. Nations act in their own self-interest which I fully support. I think the difference between Israel and most other nations is Israel could give two shits about relations with other countries. I get it and don't fault them for that policy, but we have to acknowledge it exists.

I'd cheer if Israel bulldozed Gaza into the sea and they have every right to act in their own defense. Israel will ultimately do whatever it wants and I don't think we should view our relationship with them the same way we do with FVEY nations for example.

There's a great story about Danny Yatom--who was Mossad chief back in '97--who learned from his case officer in Washington that Clinton was having phone sex with Monica Lewinsky. Yatom sent a comm unit to DC to follow up...and they started bugging Lewinsky's phone, lol. The tapes went back to Tel Aviv in a diplo bag and everybody had a good laugh.

There wasn't any talk of blackmail...but every swinging dick in that room knew those tapes were bioleverage gold if US support ever wavered during a crisis. (Gold, at least, until it became public.)

Last edited:
Back