Israel and Iran

Houthis gonna' Houthi.

US and UK navies repel largest Houthi attack

The U.S. Central Command announced on Wednesday that on Jan. 9, at approximately 9:15 p.m. (Sanaa time), the Houthis launched a complex attack involving Iranian-designed kamikaze drones, anti-ship cruise missiles, and a ballistic missile from their Yemeni stronghold toward the Southern Red Sea, targeting international shipping lanes bustling with merchant vessels.

The audacious attack, comprising eighteen “one-way attack unmanned aerial vehicles” (OWA UAV)s, two anti-ship cruise missiles, and a singular anti-ship ballistic missile, was swiftly shot down thanks to a coordinated effort by F/A-18s from USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69), USS Gravely (DDG 107), USS Laboon (DDG 58), USS Mason (DDG 87), and the United Kingdom’s HMS Diamond (D34). Notably, this marks the 26th assault on commercial shipping lanes by the Houthis since November 19.

I have to give them credit: they've tied down an entire carrier strike group using cheap drones and the odd missile here and there. I'm curious how Iran is moving all of this material into the country year after year.

Houthis gonna' Houthi.

US and UK navies repel largest Houthi attack

I have to give them credit: they've tied down an entire carrier strike group using cheap drones and the odd missile here and there. I'm curious how Iran is moving all of this material into the country year after year.
Why are we not monkey stomping THE SHIT out of them? They have no domestic US constituency to complain about it. No one we care about internationally likes them. They have very limited ability to attack anything we care about. Plus we can probably do what we need to do to them without any boots on the ground.

Soooo.... why do they still exist?

Why are we not monkey stomping THE SHIT out of them? They have no domestic US constituency to complain about it. No one we care about internationally likes them. They have very limited ability to attack anything we care about. Plus we can probably do what we need to do to them without any boots on the ground.

Soooo.... why do they still exist?

I'd opine that "Houthi" is just the current pronunciation of "State sponsored Iranian Proxy Fighters" and the left side of Permanent DC has a decades long love affair with the Iranian state.

Besides - we haven't donkey stomped anyone in decades.
Sure, we will drop a few JDAMs on mud huts in the middle of the Afghan wilderness - we might carpet bomb giant swaths of jungle...
...but we dont monkey stomp people anymore.

Monkey stomping does not include money for reconstruction, the establishment of a giant air base to serve as a logistics staging area, a gymnasium, a pizza hut, burger joint, and coffee house.
Monkey stomping is quick, brutal, and unapologetic - we just dont do that anymore.
Besides, who is going to build the strategy and exucute the monkey stomp when the brass is taking a zonk from unit PT in order to go have a minor elective medical procedure taken care of...

No monkey stomping.
None.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
I'd opine that "Houthi" is just the current pronunciation of "State sponsored Iranian Proxy Fighters" and the left side of Permanent DC has a decades long love affair with the Iranian state.

Besides - we haven't donkey stomped anyone in decades.
Sure, we will drop a few JDAMs on mud huts in the middle of the Afghan wilderness - we might carpet bomb giant swaths of jungle...
...but we dont monkey stomp people anymore.

Monkey stomping does not include money for reconstruction, the establishment of a giant air base to serve as a logistics staging area, a gymnasium, a pizza hut, burger joint, and coffee house.
Monkey stomping is quick, brutal, and unapologetic - we just dont do that anymore.
Besides, who is going to build the strategy and exucute the monkey stomp when the brass is taking a zonk from unit PT in order to go have a minor elective medical procedure taken care of...

No monkey stomping.
None.

Just my two cents.
We probably still have plenty of munitions that we haven't given to Ukraine yet, that are reaching the end of their operational life. #SPENDEX

Lack of awareness with people in this country be wilding. But this is what happens when your social institutions are controlled by people who don't care for the country itself and/or have been infiltrated.

The life of a Hamasistani in Palestine is not the business of our county governments, yet our sanctuary city filth continue to stick their nose in stuff. As long as they agree to pay for it and we can fence them in I'm open to it.

But this is the same city and county that is losing grocery stores because of crime.

It wont be long and our degenerate college hippies will be marching in the streets protesting for a "no blood for oil" foreign policy...
-The rest of the world is watching.
-The rest of the world can see the dumpster fire.
-The rest of the world is chomping at the bit - just waiting to put a flaming bag of dog shit on our door step during the presidential election season.
-The rest of the world cant wait to see the VPOTUS cackling while her boss is stomping on a flaming paper bag full of dog shit.
-The rest of the world would love to see a global conflict that all but forces the USA to keep the current POTUS in office for another four years...
...the lanscape, she is a changin'

Is the SECDEF back at work yet?

This presents a Prime Chance for the US to reassert itself on the world stage.

We won't because our administration is weak, but a fellow can dream...about Emily Blunt's umbrella.

Is the SECDEF back at work yet?

Hell, at this point he should hold up a newspaper with today's date, an article pointing to Nick Saban's retirement...something.

he better get well soon, or DOD might start focusing on the wrong issues...oh wait...

Well, I have posted in other threads that "we the people" are probably safer right now than at any other time in the last three years.

Question…

when we do stuff like this, do we give China, Russia, or anyone else a courtesy heads up, or do we let them find out as bombs are bursting in air? (in the spirit of not starting WW3)

Question…

when we do stuff like this, do we give China, Russia, or anyone else a courtesy heads up, or do we let them find out as bombs are bursting in air? (in the spirit of not starting WW3)
IIRC the Russians were given a short-notice heads up before the cruise missile strike in Syria during the Trump admin.

Trump Orders Missile Attack in Retaliation for Syrian Chemical Strikes

Russian forces were notified in advance of the strike using the established deconfliction line, Davis said, and U.S. military planners took precautions to minimize risk to Russian or Syrian personnel at the airfield.

Back