Israeli Special Forces Thread

News:
YAMAM team killed 3 terrorists who were about to carry out a terrorist attack
http://www.timesofisrael.com/3-terror-suspects-killed-by-idf-shin-bet-near-hebron/
Pictures:
Shaytet 13 in a demo
xlbe.jpg

Looks like ye have been Americanised at last!

Btw, is that a female operator I see .... Middle pic nearest the camera..
Not completely ,as you may see they are still using AK's when necessary..
But yea they do seem more' americanised' on these pics

And most probably not..the unit isn't open for women.

YASAM+YAMAM take on rioters at al aqsa mosque.
1 officer easily wounded,Palestinian sources say 25~ wounded on their side.
http://news.walla.co.il/?w=/2689/2738224
I know the article is in Hebrew unfortunately there is no english source for now.But you can watch the video.

Not completely ,as you may see they are still using AK's when necessary..
But yea they do seem more' americanised' on these pics

And most probably not..the unit isn't open for women.

YASAM+YAMAM take on rioters at al aqsa mosque.
1 officer easily wounded,Palestinian sources say 25~ wounded on their side.

I know the article is in Hebrew unfortunately there is no english source for now.But you can watch the video.

Eden

Your pictures above were deleted because they are posting with links. You may post pictures however do not link.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hy.
Can someone tell me, where can I buy this helmet cover?
This is a helmet cover from IDF Yamam unit.

Or this one:

AirsoftKid.JPG

Nice thread, pretty rare pics. I would have killed to get a shot at sayeret yael, the engineers recon unit. One of the best, most secretive, and heavily utilized.

I was not spec ops, but I have a ton of pics from my time in the idf airborne, which I can post if anyone wants.

Nice thread, pretty rare pics. I would have killed to get a shot at sayeret yael, the engineers recon unit. One of the best, most secretive, and heavily utilized.

I was not spec ops, but I have a ton of pics from my time in the idf airborne, which I can post if anyone wants.
Post them up bro

Lived aboard here for a few weeks. Look familiar, @poison?View attachment 13336

No sir. I was in from 94-97, and the school was in sanur in the West Bank. They closed sanur and moved to that location a while after I got out. I'm sure it's nicer, sanur was a shithole, we got smoked out daily from local charcoal production, and had the allahu akbar alarm at ungodly hours.

Very cool. So were you one of the 'exchange students' that goes between the Marines and the Paratroopers, or there for other purposes?

So...pic time. I grew up Christian in Cali, converted to Judaism at age 13 with my mom and sister. I went to live with my dad when I was 17, and when I graduated high school, he said 'go to the army, trade school, college, or get out'. So I sold my 72 Beetle, bought a ticket to Israel, arranged for 6 months on a Kibbutz studying Hebrew, and took off. I had never been there, but wanted to visit ever since I converted.

I hated the first 3 months, but around 6 months in, I was in love with the place; there were a number of bombings that took place, and I felt I needed to do more than the average American Jew, so I went in to the draft office, called my dad to tell him I wasn't coming back, and the rest is history.

The IDF Airborne has a 2 day entrance test, looking back it wasn't that hard, but for those unready it's a lot. Only 25% make it. Two weeks into basic training, everyone can try out for 4 Spec Ops units attached to the Airborne. That's a completely different story. It's a week, and they fuck you up. I did very well, but ended up with moderate-severe hypothermia, which progressed to pneumonia. I was pulled medically on the 5th day, in the hospital for a few days, then home recovering for 3 weeks. I was automatically sent to the IDF 101st Airborne (yes, that is a thing). Pissed me off no end, but in the end of the day I did more shit, even if at a lower level, we aren't pretty boys like the Airborne Spec Ops guys are. :D

So: I WAS NOT SPEC OPS, JUST REGULAR INFANTRY!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Back