It's That Time Of Year: The Lead the Way Fund's Annual Run Down Hero Highway Nov 14th

yomp599

Unverified
I just signed up with the intent to NOT get hit by a car this year.
Who's going?
I'd also like to get in contact with the organizers. I'd like to offer 5, 6 month memberships to my gym in NY. If anyone can help me towards this I'd appreciate it.

If there's already a post about this event, MODS, please merge.

Tell me where you'll be walking and I'll pay a couple of Cabbies to run you down. (Geez Youp - you should know by now that NYC Cabbies don't stop for 'your type' }:-)) I should be there - along with the 'FDNY Ben' - and maybe a daughter.

Hey Yomp, I just signed you up as the person to PM if someone wants to hump a ruck at the 'Lead the Way' Run / Walk. Good luck with that }:-)

I'm assuming you're doing the rucks again this year?

Now remember; you're not Superman - you really do have to look both ways before crossing a busy street. Simply glancing to the right as you step off the curb does you no good in NYC (dumbass Brits :p)

Hey Yomp, I just signed you up as the person to PM if someone wants to hump a ruck at the 'Lead the Way' Run / Walk. Good luck with that }:-)

I'm assuming you're doing the rucks again this year?

Now remember; you're not Superman - you really do have to look both ways before crossing a busy street. Simply glancing to the right as you step off the curb does you no good in NYC (dumbass Brits :p)

YES Ben I will look both ways... :)
All right people, I can get together maybe 2 extra rucks. I'm taking a page out of someone's book from a couple years ago by wearing armour to off-set carrying direct weight. Let me know ASAP who needs what. I'm trying to arrange a ride so I can stay off the roads... :)

I never knew about this. I wish I could make it but I'll be attending the Marine Corps Ball in Baltimore the night of the 13th.

I never knew about this. I wish I could make it but I'll be attending the Marine Corps Ball in Baltimore the night of the 13th.

Did you happen to be at the one last weekend at the Sheraton by the Pentagon?

Good stuff Ben!

Spread the word people!
Maybe one of you will win one of the five six month memberships to my gym...

Did you happen to be at the one last weekend at the Sheraton by the Pentagon?

QUOTE]

No I wasn't, had to work. This weekend's ball is for one of the units I supported out in Afghanistan so I have to go. I haven't been to one since '07 because I've always been out of the country so I'm pretty excited for this weekend.

Great job, guys! I was walking as fast as I could just to keep up with you guys in full gear!

lead.jpg
Great job, guys! I was walking as fast as I could just to keep up with you guys in full gear!

pSVSP

Thanks to all that came; particular thanks to yomp for posting the information! It was great to see and catch up a little with yomp, pardus, ex3 and blackjack; next time, Brooklynben. Would have liked to chat with all of you more, but I also know you understand that's a busy time. I will likely miss next year's as I will be out forward. Going to try to get some leave lined up so I can make it back for it though since it's the 5th Annual. Meantime, there may or may not a LTWF event down here in DC sometime in March/April timeframe. Will post information when I have it.

Again, many thanks for your support. Over a thousand attendees this year. Numbers aside, my favorite part of this event is the folks who throw on their FDNY gear, ACUs or other uniform, a pack or armor and ruck/yomp it out (I'm looking at all of you). You all make this event unique. Many thanks.

Glass raised,
Rudy

Back