Lead the Way Fund's 5th Annual Run Down Hero Highway announced

I just got back from this. Wow, this year was really a step up from the others and the others were great.
There were a shitload of rangers there this year, including the assistant commander of the Ranger Regiment and a bunch of wounded Rangers from Bethesda. Also a Ranger Hall Of Famer Gary Dolan.
Unfortunately not as good a turn out from SS as past years but a couple of new faces who were blown away at this event.
Seriously guys, if you were a Ranger or a service member of any description this is something you want to attend. It is a far more moving and intense day than even Memorial day or Veterans day. It is extremely personal, moving and fun.

Pics were taken, when I get them I'll post them.

Rudy, sorry you couldn't make it this year mate.
Sorry I couldn't make it. The weather was perfect this year.

Myself, Yomp and his friend.

There are more but I don't know how to persec faces out...

310732_226805390721900_100001773235166_585098_937630163_n.jpg

Wish I could have been there too, Pardus...thanks for the shout. I threw one of the past event's shirts on and ran my 4.5 mi out here. The downside: no bar was waiting for me at the finish line.

I'll be ready for next time...heard the numbers and the event itself were better than ever.

I seem to remember a guy who would attend and he did some cool tricks, like sleeping with his forehead on the bar or form-tackling automobiles. Did he perform any new tricks this year?

Glad it was up to standards, would have liked to make it. Thanks to the SS members who supported and/or attended the event.

See you all in 2012.

RLTW,
Rudy

Haha, no he was pretty sober this year. Sadly it looks like I'll be away for next years event.

Back