Have we been fighting the wrong wars? Our domestic enemies grow stronger

Interesting talk by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. He covers a wide range of topic from ideological subversion coming from within, China, and the attack on American exceptionalism.

We've already covered about many of these topics in the China Thread, All Politics Thread, Protest Thread, etc. Nice to see our State Dept addressing many of our observations.

Last edited:
We created a monster when we as a nation quit talking about *communism* as being the boogeyman. It always has been. It's the parent of all the 'isms and we should have never allowed it to continue its growth here. Now, it's in the bloodstream of the nation and can only be removed with a complete transfusion which will never happen. I think at some point things will "slow" down and we will have something known as "normal", but what it will actually be like -- I simply don't know.

This nation has become so dependent on FB and Twitter that people are actually panicked over their fear of "losing" those platforms rather than losing their "rights." They don't get it. They are willingly ignorant of the running of our government and those entrenched enemies that want to push communism as their method of governing. They understand the power of technology and will implement any method they can in order to forward their agenda. Hopefully, there will be a counter-culture -- technologically -- that can be used by those that haven't ceded their wills to the government. We shall surely see in the near future.

This nation has become so dependent on FB and Twitter that people are actually panicked over their fear of "losing" those platforms rather than losing their "rights." They don't get it. They are willingly ignorant of the running of our government and those entrenched enemies that want to push communism as their method of governing. They understand the power of technology and will implement any method they can in order to forward their agenda. Hopefully, there will be a counter-culture -- technologically -- that can be used by those that haven't ceded their wills to the government. We shall surely see in the near future.

I think the panic isn’t the personal loss of the platform but rather from the complete distrust in a Walter Cronkite-type of media that did any kind of investigative journalism, which held politicians accountable. This distrust of the media FORCED Americans like myself to 100% rely on "alternative sources" to get information. My personal alternative sources were specific Twitter-based unaffiliated journalists and lawyers who dove head first into the Trump-Russia hoax that the traditional media pushed while knowing it was total BS.

A loose collection of like minded folks leveraged each other to look at various related aspects to the Trump-Russia hoax and very early on had determined it was 100% USG conspired bullshit. They just didn't have proof...until the acting DNI released closed door testimony, various 302s, and other documents which clearly showed it was BS and everyone knew it yet the USG pushed it because they never thought any of it would ever see the light of day due to classification. Via Twitter links to other media (Federalist, Conservative Treehouse, Red State, etc), millions of Americans knew they had been lied to by MSM and their government. Americans started relearning how our system of government works and they started asking questions.

#walkaway (all booted from FB) was a real deal as was being "red pilled" and former Democrats as well as many minorities leveraged social media to highlight the Democrats' gaslighting. After years of visible evidence that Trump was not a fascist dictator people started opening their eyes and the BLM riots, started by an outright lie that Floyd's death was linked to racism (still zero evidence), let everyone look behind the curtain.

The issue at hand is access to information that is trusted by the recipient. That is gone and nothing has filled the void.

Americans no longer trust:

politicians
government institutions
the media
big tech
fortune 500 companies

Now in 2021, Americans know how things work. People KNOW the FBI and IC targeted a presidential campaign. People KNOW COVID lockdowns are BS. People KNOW there were issues with the election simply because they saw the yard signs, saw videos of attendees at Trump rallies and compared them to Biden's; they went to bed and magically something happened yet nobody has put forth the "why" or where all the voters came from. The government isn't interested in answering ANY of these questions about it and neither is the media. "Shut up citizen" just doesn't resonate anymore but that is exactly what we're told.

NOW WHAT?

There are ~71 million Americans who feel deserted by the Republicans and are hated by the Democrats. They feel they have nobody who will speak for them. Now their own government considers them domestic terrorists simply because of their political philosophy.

What happens to all these people who understand their government, understand their rights, understand how they've been manipulated by their own party and are now hopeless, disillusioned, and hated by their own country? If you're curious, ask a Bosnian. They did all this same shit 30 years ago.

They did all this same shit 30 years ago.

I can't remember where I saw it but I was reading a thought exercise on what another Civil War would be like for America. He went in depth that in our current day it wouldn't be like before where there were fairly clear battle lines, and instead it would become extremely balkanised. With various regions/cities splintering off from one another and as time passed groups/federations/alliances would form as the smoke settled if the US wasn't able to reform.

I'll see if I can find the article.

I agree with you @lindy, the only thing is...there are more than 71 million Americans that still believe everything they see on FB and Twitter and haven't learned a thing other than R's are bad. Your argument is valid...it just doesn't change anything....
I'm sure there are some but, for the conservative side, there was a LOT of hope in Q but ultimately that faded and is completely gone. So much so, that if you see anyone pushing Q shit, they're most likely a liberal troll. Democrats have an uncanny way of getting conservatives to act the way they want. Honestly, liberals know conservatives better than WE do.

I 100% agree with you that nothing I wrote changes anything. Liberals know that we know. They just do not care and, in my opinion, seriously believe that power will enable them ensure compliance.

I'm sure there are some but, for the conservative side, there was a LOT of hope in Q but ultimately that faded and is completely gone. So much so, that if you see anyone pushing Q shit, they're most likely a liberal troll. Democrats have an uncanny way of getting conservatives to act the way they want. Honestly, liberals know conservatives better than WE do.

I 100% agree with you that nothing I wrote changes anything. Liberals know that we know. They just do not care and, in my opinion, seriously believe that power will enable them ensure compliance.
You are absolutely correct! They are experts at psychological warfare whether they know that's what it is or not. They have indeed perfected their skills at accomplishing their missions at all costs while the R's believe they are too civil to fight the war that has become politics. Again, well written post, Brother.

I think the panic isn’t the personal loss of the platform but rather from the complete distrust in a Walter Cronkite-type of media that did any kind of investigative journalism, which held politicians accountable. This distrust of the media FORCED Americans like myself to 100% rely on "alternative sources" to get information. My personal alternative sources were specific Twitter-based unaffiliated journalists and lawyers who dove head first into the Trump-Russia hoax that the traditional media pushed while knowing it was total BS.

A loose collection of like minded folks leveraged each other to look at various related aspects to the Trump-Russia hoax and very early on had determined it was 100% USG conspired bullshit. They just didn't have proof...until the acting DNI released closed door testimony, various 302s, and other documents which clearly showed it was BS and everyone knew it yet the USG pushed it because they never thought any of it would ever see the light of day due to classification. Via Twitter links to other media (Federalist, Conservative Treehouse, Red State, etc), millions of Americans knew they had been lied to by MSM and their government. Americans started relearning how our system of government works and they started asking questions.

#walkaway (all booted from FB) was a real deal as was being "red pilled" and former Democrats as well as many minorities leveraged social media to highlight the Democrats' gaslighting. After years of visible evidence that Trump was not a fascist dictator people started opening their eyes and the BLM riots, started by an outright lie that Floyd's death was linked to racism (still zero evidence), let everyone look behind the curtain.

The issue at hand is access to information that is trusted by the recipient. That is gone and nothing has filled the void.

Americans no longer trust:

politicians
government institutions
the media
big tech
fortune 500 companies

Now in 2021, Americans know how things work. People KNOW the FBI and IC targeted a presidential campaign. People KNOW COVID lockdowns are BS. People KNOW there were issues with the election simply because they saw the yard signs, saw videos of attendees at Trump rallies and compared them to Biden's; they went to bed and magically something happened yet nobody has put forth the "why" or where all the voters came from. The government isn't interested in answering ANY of these questions about it and neither is the media. "Shut up citizen" just doesn't resonate anymore but that is exactly what we're told.

NOW WHAT?

There are ~71 million Americans who feel deserted by the Republicans and are hated by the Democrats. They feel they have nobody who will speak for them. Now their own government considers them domestic terrorists simply because of their political philosophy.

What happens to all these people who understand their government, understand their rights, understand how they've been manipulated by their own party and are now hopeless, disillusioned, and hated by their own country? If you're curious, ask a Bosnian. They did all this same shit 30 years ago.
Led by High Priestess Pelosi from the moral high ground & the righteous custodians of all that is good & true. Who is the real deplorable?

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Off topic but reading this reminded me of graffiti painted on a water tower at Ft. Benning. It was located around the corner from the 75th Regt. HQ off Sightseeing Rd (?) heading to the airfield. In black paint, likely drunkenly scrawled, were the words "hard times don't last, hard men do"

Back