The Lead the Way Fund's 3rd Annual Run Down Hero Highway

The Regan's are great people. I met Mr. Regan at the SOCOM change of command. they're what we need- people who have made it on their own and are giving back.

Attention ruckers!
Bring an extra 5 lbs.
We need to consolidate it for a member.
I'm bringing an extra 15 and pack.
Push comes to shove we'll use rocks! :)

had a family emergency. shot yomp a text about it after midnight. i guess he didnt pass the word

Yomp didn't make it either...

It was a good day, bloody glad I could make it again.

OD, sorry you couldn't make it. I hope all is okay.

To those that were able to attend, thank you again for your support. My apologies for not being able to hang out longer than I did, but we had a lot more moving parts this year - what with the American Fallen Soldiers Project. That said, please know that it was great to see you there. I'll look forward to the 4th Annual when things will be a lot less complicated and I'll be able to buy the first pitcher (and drink it with you).

Thank you again, all. RLTW!

Bruised ribs, trouble breathing. Did the hospital and x-ray thing yesterday and today. No fractures of any kind thankfully. Back to NYU Medical on 2av? for head stuff tomorrow. The 2 packs and the go bag evidently took most of the impact.

Yup.
About 3 blocks away from my home on Metropolitan in Queens. I was crossing the street with my kit to take the bus to meet Pardus. The light was red but WHERE the light is makes drivers do stupid things, like not slow down. If I wasn't carrying 80 lbs of kit I'd be proper fucked...

Yup.
About 3 blocks away from my home on Metropolitan in Queens. I was crossing the street with my kit to take the bus to meet Pardus. The light was red but WHERE the light is makes drivers do stupid things, like not slow down. If I wasn't carrying 80 lbs of kit I'd be proper fucked...
OK, I've heard a lot of damned excuses in my years,.... but I have to admit THAT one ranks as one of the better I've ever heard! Perhaps getting run over, dragged three blocks and ground into little pieces might have been a bit better ;-)

Forget the Cat Scans, we already know there's nothing there to get hurt.:p

Missed your ugly face at the event. Metropolitan Ave is notorious for people getting killed trying to cross the street. A while back, one or two Geezers were getting nailed per month trying to cross Metropolitan. Perhaps the fact that you were walking humped over (like an old Geezer) with the rucks made you a target?

Regardless; You should be Blessed with a quick and full recovery.
"BB"

To all.
I am Jimmys uncle. I wish I could have been in New York for the run, but stuck back here in Wisconsin. I love the above pics. I hope you don't mind if I forewarded them to my sister. She loved them. The pic that was done is AWESOME!!! Mary said she is sending me a print. Thanks to all who participated in the run, and hope to see you all next year!!!
Tim Desmond

Great pictures! I found one of our group. I can't believe BB's son ran the whole thing in his full FDNY kit. :cool:

Our photographer has posted photos on his webpage. Couple good shots of BB on the march...

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    407.3 KB · Views: 12
Back