Jesse and his BS lawsuit...(#this_ain't_over)

Man I agree with the "this dude is a cock fag" aspect. But UDT, is one and the same as a SEAL. I'm not saying he was this or that, but dude is team guy, regardless my opinion of such, he put in the work and has earned his title as a frog man. His stupidity post service sucks, and I'm glad they PNG'ed his ass. But I think it's fucked up to draw comparison between a UDT/SEAL based on this dumbass. I doubt many of the UDT guys (WW2, Korea, Vietnam), who paved the way for the SEAL teams would appreciate being told they are not one in the same, just because of this turd.
In that era, during and I immediately post Vietnam, they were not exactly the same.

In that era, during and I immediately post Vietnam, they were not exactly the same.

I believe they were the same in that they all went through BUDS. After that, not the same. Apparently there was quite a bit of acrimony between the two groups.

Regardless, Ventura well deserved the PNG'ing he got.....

Both equally elite, both NSW, the missions were different. @TLDR20 is correct as it applies to the Vietnam-era. It wasn't until 1983, after additional SEAL training, that UDTs were re-designated as SEAL Teams or Swimmer Deliver Vehicle Teams (SDVTs). SDVTs have since been re-designated SEAL Delivery Vehicle Teams. But when I was at Little Creek, UDT and SEALs were two different peas in the same pod...both equally badass motherfuckers but with different training and mission profiles.

I think you are misinterpreting what I mean. SEALs and UDT's had a very different mission, particularly while deployed. He went through BuD/S and was a UDT guy. The follow on training and stuff was different. I am pretty sure they even had a different Trident.

The Special Warfare Insignia was established in 1970. The Underwater Demolition Badge was declared obsolete in 1975.

Back